Easier way to generate list of all fields in a table than SELECT * and placing

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
ssteketee

Easier way to generate list of all fields in a table than SELECT * and placing

Post by ssteketee »

I am a very novice SQL and Stimulsoft person. I would like to create a reference of all the fields in each database with the field type and length. I can do a SELECT * on each database and then place all retrieved fields on a report manually. But is that the only way? Some of the databases have hundreds of fields and this would be a very time-consuming task. Is there a way to just generate a report like this automatically?

Thank you!
HighAley

Re: Easier way to generate list of all fields in a table than SELECT * and placing

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

There are the Schema wizard and the report wizards.
You could use them.

The Schema wizard helps you to add data sources without writing SELECT *.

The Report wizard helps you to create the list.

Thank you.
ssteketee

Re: Easier way to generate list of all fields in a table than SELECT * and placing

Post by ssteketee »

Thank you for your reply! Maybe I posted in the wrong area because my Stimulsoft Report Writer screens don't look like anything on the schema wizard link in your post. I am working in Stimulsoft Reports v 2018.1.8 from 19 February 2018, ASP.NET, Flex . When I click to add a data source, I don't have the option to check "skip wizard." or really any of the other things in the schema link. Am I in the wrong place?
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Unfortunately, this feature is not available in the flex version.

Thank you.