Changes in the behavior of the Click-Event

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
gerold.taisser

Changes in the behavior of the Click-Event

Post by gerold.taisser »

Hello.

the new Version of Stimulsoft Report Engine (2019.2.3.0) has some changes concerning the availability of Data from Datasources from Code. Using the Render-Event of a report, I am able to display the value of a property from a datasource by showing it in a MessageBox. In former versions, it was possible to do the same using the Click-Event-Handler. That does not work anymore. If I try to display the value of a datasource property inside a Click-Event-Handler in the new Version, the result is always empty or 0 independent of the actual value.
I have provided a simple Sample-project to demonstrate the problem.
This change in behavior breaks a lot of my code. Is this a bug? If not, do you have any suggestions on how to handle this problem?

Best regards,
Attachments
UseDataSourceAfterRendering.mrt
(6.94 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
gerold.taisser

Re: Changes in the behavior of the Click-Event

Post by gerold.taisser »

Hi,

do you have any answer or comments on this thread?

thank you
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue. We will let you know about the result on that topic.

Thank you.
gerold.taisser

Post by gerold.taisser »

Hi,

do you have any news on this thread?
We need this feature in the next release of our application next week

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We are still working on the problem. We will let you know when the solution is available.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

In previous versions was a bug: after the end of the rendering, the DataTables in the data sources were not cleared, they store in memory and took up a lot of space.
In last year was made a fix, now the tables are cleared, but in this case, the OnClick event works in the viewer after rendering, i.e. there is no data.

Workaround: during rendering, remember the desired table in a variable, and then return it back.

One more option - if the entire table is not needed, but only some specific value in each textbox: write this value in the Tag property of the text component and then take it from the Tag to OnClick.

Thank you.
Attachments
UseDataSourceAfterRendering2.mrt
(6.79 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
changes.PNG
changes.PNG (186.11 KiB) Viewed 1763 times