[SOLVED] Space is maintained even if I hide the panel

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
andreuk

[SOLVED] Space is maintained even if I hide the panel

Post by andreuk »

Hi. English is not my mother language, so I apologize in advance for any mistakes.

I have a report that is build on BusinessObject. The BusinessObject's structure is something like this:
MainInvoice > List<DetailInvoice>
The report that I'm building has to present the list of MainInvoice and its details. It's actually a very basic Master-Detail report, but I'm getting some results that are cracking my head. So here I am, trying to understand what's going on.

My report's structure is something like this (1):
PageHeaderBand
DataBandMainInvoice
...Panel
......HeaderBand
......DataBandDetailInvoice
......FooterBand
...TextObservation (it has to be presented at the end of each invoice)
PageFooterBand
When there's no DetailInvoice, I hide the Panel (using Condition, checking and unchecking the 'Component is Enabled' option, depending on the condition). The Panel is hidden, but there's a giant space (the space that I believe that has the same height that the Panel has). I'm trying to get rid of this space.

What I've tried:
1. Setting all components' CanShrink inside Panel to true
2. Putting a second Panel (let's call it Panel2) inside Panel, and setting CanShrink to true and DockStyle to top (setting all the Panel2's components CanShrink to true and DockStyle to top aswell)
3. Using SubReports (I let this option go because if I configure both the master MasterComponent to DataBandMainInvoice and the DataSource to the list (List<DetailInvoice>) I get the same result twice. If I set the MasterComponent to none, I get an overhead on CPU and Memory)
4. Removing the TextObservation. This works, but I have to keep that text component at the end of each MainInvoice presentation (after the DetailInvoice list).

I believe that I gave all the necessary information, but I'm trying not to expose data from the company that I'm working with. The result is something like this (the red text is the blank space):

As you guys can see, it's a Panel with a DataBand inside another DataBand. I'm not sure if this is the best to use, but from what I saw, it's an example from Stimulsoft itself.

(1) There are other elements (GroupHeaderBand and GroupFooterBand), but I didn't mentioned them because if I remove them the problem remains.
Last edited by andreuk on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Space is maintained even if I hide the panel

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data which reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
andreuk

Re: Space is maintained even if I hide the panel

Post by andreuk »

Hi Lech. Apparently, I solved the issue by adding a Child Band below de DataBand. So I think it's fixed.
Thanks.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: [SOLVED] Space is maintained even if I hide the panel

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Thank you.