StiOptions.Windows.GlobalGuiStyle

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
HowieD

StiOptions.Windows.GlobalGuiStyle

Post by HowieD »

Hi Team,

after upgrading from Version 2019.3.2 to Version 2020.1.1 there are compiler warnings saying that StiOptions.Windows.GlobalGuiStyle is obsolete.
Looking through the changelogs I didn't find any hint why this (or other members) is obsolete and mainly what would be a workaround.

Where can I find this information? Could anybody tell me?

Best Regards
HowieD
HighAley

Re: StiOptions.Windows.GlobalGuiStyle

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

All themes except the default one were removed from our product.
So, there is no way to change the style.

This is connected with the release of our new product that should be supported by all themes.

Thank you.
HowieD

Post by HowieD »

Hi,
I'm very dissapointed to hear that you dropped that feature from the product. It was very nice to have a quite seamless integration of the designer or reporting window/control into the UI style the user selected.
I think other customers will have the same feeling.
Originally I was hoping to get actual (Office)styles very soon.
This decision leads to a situation were reporting doesn't feel like a integrated function in the resulting application.
Could you tell about the reasons to drop that feature?

Thank you
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We made HiDpi support, for this we had to completely redesign the entire interface and add icons for all available scale systems so that everything looked beautiful and had no blurry icons. To do this, we had to get rid of old themes, because they have a huge amount of controls and a huge number of icons (which were different from those used in Office 2013)

Thank you.