Report Out of memory / Difference between CacheAllData and ReportCacheMode?

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
rth001

Report Out of memory / Difference between CacheAllData and ReportCacheMode?

Post by rth001 »

Hi all,

I have bad report generation performance which is producing lot of out of memory exceptions. (8GB ram)

Therefore I need some guidance if this can be solved somehow.
Situation: My Report runs as a job at night and saves the generated report data as CSV file. So no formatting etc would be required.

1) What kind of settings affect the performance of a report and could be disabled? My goal is to produce a CSV or XLSX at the end with only data, so no formatting, page break calculations etc ...would be required

2) On Report level I found the settings CacheAllData and ReportCacheMode
Whats the difference? Which one should I tick? Is there a relation between these settings?

3) I'm using Business objects.
Does the Flag "RetrieveOnlyUsedData" has an impact on the performance?

So basically which overall settings, regardless if report, page or databand level are necessary to reduce memory impact and increase performance

Thanks
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Report Out of memory / Difference between CacheAllData and ReportCacheMode?

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

> 1) What kind of settings affect the performance of a report and could be disabled? My goal is to produce a CSV or XLSX at the end with only data, so no formatting, page break calculations etc ...would be required

Page: UnlimitedHeight=true, UnlimitedBreakable=false
And for all Text component turn off CanGrow, CanShrink

> 2) On Report level I found the settings CacheAllData and ReportCacheMode
> Whats the difference? Which one should I tick? Is there a relation between these settings?

CacheAllData - merge all DataTables from all data sources to one DataSet. It is necessary if presents Relations between these tables.
ReportCacheMode - store rendered pages in the cache on the hard drive, in the memory are stored only several last pages.

> 3) I'm using Business objects.
> Does the Flag "RetrieveOnlyUsedData" has an impact on the performance?

No, that option is not affected on the business objects.

> So basically which overall settings, regardless if report, page or databand level are necessary to reduce memory impact and increase performance

maybe a lot of nuances, it's better to send a test project to the support@stimulsoft.com, we will test and give specific advice.

Thank you.