Problem with rendering rich text list items on page breaks

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
skopalr

Problem with rendering rich text list items on page breaks

Post by skopalr »

Hello,
I think there is a problem with rendering rich text list items on page breaks. If a list item is split on a page break, its bullet or number is rendered on the next page instead of the page where the list item starts and the starting part of the list item is not indented. See the preview of attached reports in designer. I use Stimulsoft Report .Net 2020.2.1.0, OS Windows 10 (64 bit).
Thank you for your help.
Attachments
ReportRtfListTest2.mrt
(19.36 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
ReportRtfListTest.mrt
(19.14 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Problem with rendering rich text list items on page breaks

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We are using standard system library for working with RichText, which has limited functionality.
Unfortunately, as is, we can not fix that.

Thank you.
skopalr

Post by skopalr »

Hello,
is it really only a problem in the standard RichText system library? I tried to open the RTF in the WordPad as advised in other answers here and in preview and also in "print to PDF" result the list items render correctly on page break, see attached screenshot.
Process Explorer shows that WordPad uses Rich Text Edit Control, v8.5 from C:\Windows\System32\msftedit.dll, 64 bit, version 10.0.18362.329. The same msftedit.dll uses Stimulsoft Designer and my testing appliacation. I tried to put the RICHED20.DLL and MSPTLS.DLL (tried both 32 and 64 bit versions) from Office 2016 to my testing application bin folder but it had no effect, the application loaded the C:\Windows\System32\msftedit.dll.
Attachments
ReportRtfListTest3_p1.png
ReportRtfListTest3_p1.png (80.85 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
ReportRtfListTest3_p2.png
ReportRtfListTest3_p2.png (76.75 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
ReportRtfListTest3.rtf
(7.36 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
ReportRtfListTest3.mrt
(20.54 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

WordPad is a native Windows application, it uses LowLevel access to all functions of the RichText library.
In the Net Framework, only a managed structure with only UI-Control is implemented, without any additional functionality.
Unfortunately, there is nothing else to do.

Thank you.