Display columns in master details without blank between them

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
Antonin.D

Display columns in master details without blank between them

Post by Antonin.D »

Hello,

I got trouble displaying Columns the way I want to.

If Details Band have the same data Count the report is fine and stack data band cleanly :
241.PNG
241.PNG (10.14 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
But if Details Band have the random data Count the report, like in the example I send you, will line up the next row on the lowest columns of previous row :
240.PNG
240.PNG (9.81 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
First, I'm on a very old build (april 2012), so maybe this issues does exist anymore.

Second, this could be a structural problem, so I will detail my need in case you see an other way to build this :
  • I need to display DataBand2 in 2 columns.
  • Databand 2 can be split but all details (databand2+databand3) must stay together like in my example.
  • There should be no blank between each databand2 row/columns expect on the last row of a page (of course with random data count we can't have both columns line up).
Attachments
RandomExample-2.mrt
(7.95 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Display columns in master details without blank between them

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

In that case, you should change the structure. For example, set columns property for the Page instead of bands.

Thank you.
Antonin.D

Post by Antonin.D »

Hi,

Thank you, I tried on this simple report it works great but my report contains more data band that just this.

My report looks more like this new example :

2 pages build on the same page control by a masterBandSamples.
  • The First page is about the sample details, number, comments, etc. (rarely get over 1 page).
  • The Second page are the Results of this sample (this can often be more than 1 page).
That why I had to build them in the same page following a thread on the forum, this seem to be the only way to have any number of page 1/page 2 to follow itself in the final render.
So in this configuration my bandHeader are use as page header and should be print over the full lenght of the report, only databand 2 and 3 shoul be print in columns format.

Is there a possibility to turn colums rendering on by code when I this data band rendering and turn it off as soon as it done. By using Rendering events maybe ?
Attachments
RandomExample-2.mrt
(14.21 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

In that case, you can use several Pages.

Thank you.
Antonin.D

Post by Antonin.D »

Hello,

I don't get how to do it at all.
I tried a new page with print on previous page but you can't no longer link your data band together + it won't print in the right order (sample 1 detail-> sample 1 result; sample 2 detail -> sample 2 result) that im looking for.
Remenber that result page can be print on multiple page so I can't just do (sample 1 detail -> sample 2 detail -> sample 1 result -> sample 2 result) and then collate page 2 by 2. Because if I got (sample 1 detail -> sample 2 detail -> sample 1 result -> sample 1 result -> sample 2 result) then report will be broken.

Can you show me an example.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.