Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
John

Using DotNet Core 2.0 in code

Post by John »

Hallo Support Team,

I have been using these two dlls in our code for years:

- Stimulsoft.Base.dll
- Stimulsoft.Report.dll

with the .net Framework v4.0 and they have been great. Now, we have moved to DotNet Core 2.0 and I would like to do exactly the same.
Last year you brought out the version "Stimulsoft Reports 2017.2.3" which had the dll "Stimulsoft.Report.NetCore.dll", containing everything I needed for testing with the DotNet Core 1.x version. So when I installed your new version yesterday "Stimulsoft Reports 2018.1.6" I was expecting something very similar which is compatible with DotNet Core 2.0. However, to my dismay, I was unable to find anything remotely connected with DotNet Core 2.0. I checked on the internet and NuGet. The link I found there (Install-Package Stimulsoft.Reports.NetCore) no longer works.
How is it possible for me to access the DotNet Core 2.0 dlls for my programming?

Thank-you in advance,
John Kitching
John

Re: Using DotNet Core 2.0 in code

Post by John »

Hallo Team,

following my post yesterday, I managed to find your DotNet Core for Version 2018.1.6 here: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Stimulso ... b.NetCore/. Using a test solution in visual studio with DotNet Core 2.0 I was able to create a StiReport dynamically and save it as a pdf. So far so good. I then tried both of the designers which are included when I install the full latest version:
-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Stimulsoft Reports 2018.1.6\Designers\.NET -> Designer.Wpf.exe and -> DesignerV2.Wpf.exe.
I choose to save the report I create not only as a mrt file but also the c# code. When I then try to include the c# code file in my test solution I find it is not compatible with DotNet Core 2 (mostly System.Drawing issues).
My question is then: how can I save a template, created in the designer which is compatible with DotNet Core 2.0?

Best regards,
John Kitching
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Unfortunately, at the moment the compilation mode and the use of compiled reports are not supported in NetCore 2.0, only mrt report templates. We have plans to implement the compilation mode in the next versions.

Thank you.
John

Post by John »

Hello Alex,
thanks for the information. I look forward to trying it out.

Kind regards,
John Kitching
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello

We are always glad to help you!
Please let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.