Totals.Sum and filter

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
Gunilla

Totals.Sum and filter

Post by Gunilla »

I am working on a report and have got some problems. I have a calculated column in one of the datasources: Totals.Sum(GroupHeaderBand2,spkEgenBenderFranvaro.KortFrv) which is 4 on one person, please see the attached file
TotalSumFilter.jpg
TotalSumFilter.jpg (2.98 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
When I then add a filter on the data band saying that it should only be shown if the value is 4 or more the databand show but the value becomes 3.

Does anyone have any idea?
Edward

Re: Totals.Sum and filter

Post by Edward »

Hi Gunilla,

The most likely scenario here is that you are applying the filter to the databand, so some of the rows are being filtered out from the rendering.

At the same time, the following expression that you mentioned: Totals.Sum(GroupHeaderBand2,spkEgenBenderFranvaro.KortFrv)
is used for calculation of the filtered out results with GroupHeaderBand2 in mind.
So instead of 4, the result of rendering and calculations becomes 3 which suggests most likely that 1 row has been filtered out and that is most likely the correct behaviour.

Could you please attach the mrt file of your report in this topic, the sample data would be great as well?
If I understand correctly, you would like to filter out some rows from Databand, but at the same time to calculate the total result of all the rows in each group?

Thank you,
Edward