Panel grows to big

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
Naico

Panel grows to big

Post by Naico »

When I am using panels to sort Texts and Tables (Since a table will always place itself over a panel and ignores the dock top of the panel)
the Panel will grow many times bigger than the table and texts or other tables under this panel are placed out of sight.
If i set can grow of the pael to false this wont happen but if the table would grow bigger than the panel is wouldnt it overlap with other panels?
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Panel grows to big

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data which reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
Naico

Post by Naico »

Here is a Sample Report. If you open the Preview there is a blank space between each table.
Attachments
TestTablesPanels.mrt
(56.16 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Naico,

Thank you for the sample report. It does make sense. The panels have been placed directly in the page in the attached report and are treated as static components and are repeated on every page that is generated by the report engine. Please place textboxes in the databands. Set CountData = 1 for every databand and CanGrow = true for every databand. The text will not overlap in that case.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we could modify the attached report for you.

One question - was there any particular reason why the panels had to be placed directly in the page? Should the position of their rendering stay unchanged for every page of the report?

Thank you,
Edward
Naico

Post by Naico »

The Problem why I used panels for the Tables is that if i have some Textboxes inside a panel
and put a Table under it without a panel it places itself automatically OVER the panel so the
Dock Style setting from the table somehow seems to override the placement of the panels.
So without a panel sourrounding the table its impossible to order everything.
Same goes for tables under a chart.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Naico,

Exactly! This problem does not exist, if you place the databands directly to the page, not inside the panel, in that case, the docking is not required, all the bands will be rendered, as required. But I was not able to reproduce the bug that you mentioned. Could you please remove all the other components in your report template, so the bug is reproduced?

Thank you,
Edward
Naico

Post by Naico »

Here is an example of a report where something similar happens.
We need the structure of panels as it is now to order our boxes.
The way it is now the panel where the Data Band with the Header
is will grow way bigger as the Data Band inside. The same
happens with a table.
If I put the Table or Header+Data Band directly on the page it
wil not be rendered where they are positioned, and as soon as
i click on any of them they reorder to the bottom - under all
panels.
Attachments
DemoPanel.mrt
(68.49 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some time to investigate the issue.

Thank you.