StiWebViewerFx Print Performance

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
Togo

StiWebViewerFx Print Performance

Post by Togo »

Hello,

We have noticed that printing to PDF on StiWebViewerFx (Tested on version 2018.2.3) will cause IE (Tested on IE 11) to freeze with the prompt "<site> is not responding due to a long-running script." being shown. It seems that the performance will become normal if the print action is repeated and the Live Demo on Stimulsoft site is exhibiting the same issue.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks
Lech Kulikowski

Re: StiWebViewerFx Print Performance

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Unfortunately, as is - printing in PDF format in IE, it is via a hidden IFRAME element, which for some reason after downloading the PDF file, freezing for 5-6 seconds before launch print script of the embdembed PDF file.

Thank you.
Togo

Post by Togo »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply but I don't think we are talking about the same delay.
I have tried to print using "Print to PDF" on the demo site, and there was a period of over 30 secs where the browser was not responding and the HTTP request does not happened until the browser became responsive again (The captured profiling data is attached for your reference).
I have also tested with older libraries (Tested on version 2016.3.9) and it does not exhibit the same issue.

Thanks
Attachments
StiViewerFxPDF.zip
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please clarify which report are you print on our Demo. Also, please clarify which OS are you use Win7, Win10?

Thank you.
Togo

Post by Togo »

Hello,
Lech Kulikowski wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:15 pm Hello,

Please clarify which report are you print on our Demo. Also, please clarify which OS are you use Win7, Win10?

Thank you.
For above test case, the "Simple LIst" report is used and it was tested on Windows Server 2008 R2 running IE11.

Actually I think the issue is not related to the report as we have observed the same issue with different reports.
I have also tested the case on our side using a blank report on Windows 10 running IE11, and the same issue also happened.
BlankReport.png
BlankReport.png (61.27 KiB) Viewed 2030 times

Thanks
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We have found the issue. The issue is fixed, the fix will be available in the next release build.

Thank you.