Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
ercan

I have Problem with .SVG vector graphics

Post by ercan »

Hello dear,
I have many problem with images.

I updated latest version 2019.3.2 but nothing changed. So :
In designer if I use .PNG images it seems good, clear, sharpen. like this:

But if I use SVG images instead of .png. Designer show image in design time, blurry and not fit well. But it was same image.

I want to inform you that: I used all property possibility: Enabled or disabled these Stretch, Smoothing and Aspect Ratio properties but nothing fix it.
Also Aspect ratio was change image show dramatically like this:

And my image problem doesn't end of this. I accepted these problem in design time. We could ignore it.
But in the Print Preview I have again: SVG images shows in screen BLURRY and still not fit well. even Stretch enabled.. look this :

We know. SVG is vector image and it must be sharpen than png but interesting it is blurry!

I can't serve my reports with this low quality images. I have to find a solution.

So. I think it is ok. Leave that problems until fix it in next version. I can change svg images with High Res Png images.
But in this case I got out of memory exception! I have only one or two images in one page. One image approx 200kb and 5400x4600 px. so high res. But Now I got out of memory exception easly.

If I use low res PNG images it means that kind of result :

You can see low res imagew useless. We cant serve it. That is why SVG images created.

conclusions :
SVG is a good and wide area supported solution for images. We have to use it in our solution. And you can see out of memory exception with high res other images. Trying to use high res images instead of vector images really absurd.
But we have problem with rendering engine. Engine renders SVG images blurry. Also designer fit images to imagebox incomprehensible way.

Could you offer to me a solution ? Thank you for help.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: I have Problem with .SVG vector graphics

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us samples which reproduce the issue for analysis on support@stimulsoft.com

Thank you.
ercan

Post by ercan »

ok. I have sent sample report (not original) but you can see how is look that svg images.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Ok.

Thank you.
ercan

Post by ercan »

We could find solution for image size. So set original image size and it fixed image doesn't fit container problem.

But still we have blurry .svg image render problem.
ercan

Post by ercan »

I want to inform you problem is not depended to Svg library. Because this is my test application. You can see image render result and I have only two lines of code :

Sharpen and clean. And you can be sure I used same library for rendering. Why it is blurry on Stimulsoft solution really I wondering.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please send us samples which reproduce the issue for analysis on support@stimulsoft.com

Thank you.
ercan

Post by ercan »

Hello,
I can't send this sample because it is a .exe file. for security issues i can't send an executable to your support service.
Also I have only two lines of code. Why do you want to get sample I couldn't understand.
If your development department want to see same result they can write 2 lines code and see how is look.

My problem still exist. Stimulsoft solution shows blurry images. But svg library shows it perfect clean and sharpen. So I think: in stimulsoft we have to find a way to fix it.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello, Ercan.

We have fixed a few bugs in our product:
1. There was an issue with the wrong AspectRatio.
2. Blurry effect on some images.
The fixes will be included in our next build.

Also, with the upgrade to the latest version of the SVG.dll the issue with the scaling in design time is fixed.

It's easy to draw an image in 100% scale.
There is one more important issue between our product and SVG.dll when the image should be drawn in different zoom levels.

Thank you.