Text wont render

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
shadowkras

Text wont render

Post by shadowkras »

Hello, Im having an issue trying to render some text, it normally contains html characters and tags, but the report wont render the text component that contains that string no matter what I try. At first I thought it was some issue with my version (ultimate 2013), then I tried 2018 and it had the same issue. I removed all diacritics, special characters and spaces, and it still wont render. I also thought it was something related to the size of my text, but I tried with another text that was ten times as larger and it still didnt render.

To reproduce, I will attach a sample report and a text file with my text unmodified.
Attachments
Text that causes the issue.txt
(44.17 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
SampleReportError.mrt
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 180 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Text wont render

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
shadowkras

Post by shadowkras »

Here is another example, with an even simpler text.
You just gotta hit preview, the first textbox shows up (in red), the second doesnt shown anything.

The problem seems to be related to the length of the text being inserted into the textbox. But that doesntt happen to all texts, as some texts were 10 times bigger than those in the examples and rendered fine.
Also, the problem doesn't happen with RichTextBoxes, but it doesnt render html, which I need.
Attachments
SampleReportError2.mrt
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 175 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

It the limitation of the system itself on the length of the text. If the length of one line is greater than a certain value, the output method falls.
In the Wysiwyg/HtmlTags mode GDI works, and 32kb limit. In the Standard/Typographic mode GDI+ works and limitation is 40-50kb, depending on font size and type.

You need to split your text on parts.

Thank you.
shadowkras

Post by shadowkras »

I figured it was something like that, but that doesnt explain why I can render a text that is 700k characters long, for instance. I can give you an example if you need.
The attached report has a text that is 134k characters long and renders all of it. You will notice the file is significantly larger than the one I attached before.
Attachments
VeryLongTextReportSample.mrt
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 181 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

In your sample all text in one string. You should split it. For example, in 1000 strings with 10.000 symbols - in that case, it will work.

Thank you.