Lynn

Report previewed from designer does not show data

Post by Lynn »

Using version 2009.2.500.0 of the designer - this is my code:
DataSet theData = ReportUtility.GetReportData(...);

stiReport.RegData(theData);
stiReport.Dictionary.ImportXMLSchema(theData);
WebDesigner1.Design(stiReport);

When I put a breakpoint on the last line, I can inspect stiReport and see that the DataSources property is set and has > 0 rows.

In the designer I can see the Dictionary has the Data Source set, and I can construct my report (report title band and data). However, when I click the Preview tab (and choose either PDF or HTML) a new window opens (http://localhost/ePrism2/analysis/Repor ... eviewAsPDF) but the tab is labelled "Compilation Error" and only the report title displays. When I render and display this same report using the StiWebViewerFx, the data displays as it should.

Is there a setting or step I am missing that is required in order to use the Preview tab in the designer?
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello, Lynn

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce this error. Please send to us this mrt file and data for analysis.

Thank you.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Figured it out myself... I was not setting the preview data in the OnGetPreviewDataSet event. Added a handler and set the PreviewDataSet to my data set there and now it is displaying data.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for the feedback.
hadisaadat_du

Post by hadisaadat_du »

Hi every body.
I sea allmost all topic in forum and seem int all of them posit that we know what is our tables and columns in dataset of our reportbut allways not thus
1-sometime we may want to edit the report in webdesigner that we dont know any thing about its data set but we sure it works with our data base , so befor call the design() function we pass what data set to our report via regdata(//what_dataset) ??
2- or we may want to set full access to data base to one user to create the every report that need to design well we pass a full data base to designer dictionary and he/she design every report by every columns in every tables or viwes in database and save it , in viwe report mode namely after load our report and we want to pass it to stiwebviewer we pass what data set to it since we cant pass all data base to our report ??!