Formula Fields values

Stimulsoft Reports.WPF discussion
MasterCephus

Formula Fields values

Post by MasterCephus »

I am in the process of moving all of my crystal reports over to Stimulsoft and I having some difficulty in creating the formulas.

For one, I only have one line textbox to do my work in instead of a nice multiline text box. That makes it very difficult to see what I am doing. Secondly, do I write these formulas using either C# or VB (my choosing)?

is there something I am missing?
Jan

Formula Fields values

Post by Jan »

Hello,
For one, I only have one line textbox to do my work in instead of a nice multiline text box. That makes it very difficult to see what I am doing.
Sorry don't udnerstand this problem. You can create multiline expressions without any problems. You can press Enter in expression editor. Also you can set Word Wrap function from context menu if you need wrap long expression line.
Secondly, do I write these formulas using either C# or VB (my choosing)?
You need use C# language by default. If you want use VB.Net you can select it in report parameters window.

Thank you.
MasterCephus

Formula Fields values

Post by MasterCephus »

Sorry don't udnerstand this problem. You can create multiline expressions without any problems. You can press Enter in expression editor. Also you can set Word Wrap function from context menu if you need wrap long expression line.
My point is that the editor is only one line. I may be trying to do work in the wrong area so if I am please direct me to the right place. Crystal report had a "Formula Workshop" where you could have a full multiline, color-coded editor to write your functions out. The only place I have found to write formulas in Stimulsoft going to the Dictionary, finding the Formula Fields variable and clicking edit and using the one line Default Value text box.

Can you direct me to the expression editor?
MasterCephus

Formula Fields values

Post by MasterCephus »

any update on this?
Jan

Formula Fields values

Post by Jan »

Hello,

You can specify formula directly in text expression. Please check image Sample.png. Also you can specify formula in variable. Please check image Sample2.png.

Thank you.
Attachments
389.Sample2.png
389.Sample2.png (235.31 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
388.Sample.png
388.Sample.png (244.87 KiB) Viewed 6017 times
MasterCephus

Formula Fields values

Post by MasterCephus »

Thanks for this. So I can find the text editor by clicking on a field I have created in my report. But I can only really just choose the variable from the Variables tree on the right. Once I choose the variable I want, I can't edit it.

So I tried option two by using the Dictionary to find my variable, then I clicked edit to get your second image so I can open the text editor there. However, my screen does not allow me to open the text editor (screen shot attached). What am I doing wrong?

Anton Lozovskiy

Formula Fields values

Post by Anton Lozovskiy »

Hello,

The problem is fixed. The patch is available in prerelease build of on 12.04.2010.

Thank you.