Trying to condense a Databand.

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
David334

Trying to condense a Databand.

Post by David334 »

I have a data source that is displaying login and logout details generated by some software. This software auto inserts breaks causing each days login data to have 3 rows of data associated with it. This software also allows you to generate the reports based on some user defined parameters such as date ranges, users, etc. As far as I can tell, there is no way to capture what this software is passing to what ever it uses to make this report software generate the reports. The Databand looks like this:
For example:

Code: Select all

Date     |     User    |   In Time |   Out Time   
1/1/2019         1          7:00        12:00        
1/1/2019         1          12:00       12:30
1/1/2019         1          12:30       17:30
I would prefer the data be the first and last of the day, for example:

Code: Select all

Date     |     User    |   In Time |   Out Time   
1/1/2019         1          7:00        17:30  
There are many many more rows of data, but this is the pattern. Three rows for each day.
Is there a way to get this done in the report designer "without" creating a sql query to have sql return only one row? I can get it done using a query to get the data I want from the database directly as a new datasource, but the problem I have then is I loose the parameters that were used.

Not fully understanding just how this report software works, I am sort of fumbling around trying to figure it out. I have tried using the new datasource from sql that condenses the output and creating a relationship with the original datasource the software created originally for the report, so I could maybe compare the dates and output when the info is a match, but the original datasource never increments its row or data and I get gibberish.

Im sort of left right now at a point where I can use the report, but its locked into what I set it up to output.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Trying to condense a Databand.

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

You can add grouping by user and show only one record for each user as you needed.

Thank you.
David334

Post by David334 »

Could you help explain how I would get the first "In Time" and the last "Out Time" if I were to group on user?
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please try to use Min, Max functions.

Thank you.
David334

Post by David334 »

I must be doing something wrong because when ever I try ti use Min or Max, all I get returned is Zero.
I am setup like this:
DataHeaderBand1
DataHeaderband2
DataBand1
DataFooterBand1
DateFooterBand2

DataHeaderBand1 is set for the users unique code,
DataHeaderBand2 is set for the Date the transaction occurred.

If I am understanding these correct, The first one groups the data by users Codes, and the second one groups by the transaction date.

Each transaction date contains 3 rows, so i tried the min/max on just the clock in time. I applied it to a text field located within the DataBand1. The result was all zeros.
I am not understanding something, and the manual is very vague.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data which reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.