Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
hakkis

Questions about Dashboard Table-elements

Post by hakkis »

Hello,

I'm building a Dashboard that has a table of following structure

pcs_table.png
pcs_table.png (9 KiB) Viewed 6608 times

Each tag name (1st column) is supposed to be a link to another page which shows further details of the chosen tag and here I need to pass two values (TicketID and TagID) that come from the same Datasource but these information columns are not wanted to be visible on the table. However when I try to create a hyperlink for Tag column with value like "/url/xxx?tagId={Row.TagID}&ticketId={Row.TicketID}" or by using the names from the Datasource "/url/xxx?tagId={ClosedTickets.TagID}&ticketId={ClosedTickets.TicketID}", those values do not apply for the link. I have tried adding both columns to the table and unclicked the "Visible" option but it doesn't help - it still can't read the proper values and pass them to the hyperlink. If I made the information visible on the table, then the hyperlink works properly but this is not the solution we're looking for. Is it really impossible to pass those values without showing them on the dashboard or am I just missing something?

Another suggestion for these table-element improvements would be the possibility to manually alter the width of the columns by giving each column for example a min/max width property (I think this is already possible on Stimulsoft Reports but we would need it also on the Dashboard tables). The Size Mode property (both AutoSize & Fit options) makes some of the columns too wide and thus all information doesn't fit on the view without user having to scroll.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Questions about Dashboard Table-elements

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please try to check the last release build, there are some fixes in that direction.

Thank you.
hakkis

Post by hakkis »

Thanks, the hyperlink functionality was fixed by updating to the latest release! :)
hakkis

Post by hakkis »

After doing some further testing, I came upon a new problem with the Dashboard table. As mentioned before, I have added to the table two Dimensions (TicketID and TagID) which shouldn't be visible to the user (but are needed so that those ID values can be passed to the hyperlink) so I have unselected the "Visible" checkbox for those fields. I recently noticed that when my Datasource returns zero items for the table to print out, Stimulsoft Viewer gives an error (see below). I have confirmed that this error is caused by that "Visible" option since if all the columns are visible, I get an empty table when there are no items on the Datasource but when the columns are not visible, I get error and the Dashboard won't load anything. I suppose that there is nothing I can do about this, so is it possible to fix this issue in a future release?

stimulsoft.viewer.js:11 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'toString' of null
at Function.<anonymous> (stimulsoft.viewer.js:11)
at r (stimulsoft.reports.js:49)
at Object.next (stimulsoft.reports.js:49)
at r (stimulsoft.reports.js:49)

In our application the user can filter the data which is then fetched from the database and if the return value is an empty array the idea would be to render an empty table on the page, so that's why this current functionality messes up our application.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.