Report pages in "report preview" different with "browser print preview"

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
stvhui

Report pages in "report preview" different with "browser print preview"

Post by stvhui »

Hello to you,
I'm using Stimulsoft Report JS version 2020.2.3
I'm using Mozilla Firefox as default browser.
The problem is : Report pages in "report preview" different with "browser print preview"
I'd captured the screen, please read from screenshot_1, 2, 3 and 4.
I'm using sample report as case testing.

Note : Actually I'd asked same question last year (2019) but the team said "The report had its own margin" and "The browser also had its own margin".
They said this causing because the margin in report is not same with the browser margin. I'd told them, please show me how to makes it same, so I got the same result in preview and in printed paper. They cannot solved it.
The real problem maybe bugs, bugs in calculated the row growth some items, so its pushing down to next row causing growth till the next page.

Please help dan thanks in advance.
Regards,
Steven
Attachments
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (43.5 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (61.55 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (51.25 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (96.42 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Report pages in "report preview" different with "browser print preview"

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please check that in the printer setting are set the same setting as in the report - page size, margins, etc

Thank you.
stvhui

Post by stvhui »

Hello to you...
Please tried at your place, and you will know the real-problem.
I just using a sample report from stimulsoft. That's all already in your PC. Give a try.

Thanks & Regards
Steven
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue.

Please send us a step by step guide on how to reproduce it.

Thank you.
stvhui

Post by stvhui »

Hello,

Step by step to reproduce the problems :
1. Open report designer, then the designer automaticaly load the sample report
2. Just resize address to narrow as shown in screenshot1
3. then just follow the screenshot2, 3, 4

Thanks & Regards,
Steven
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please check that in the printer setting are set the same setting as in the report - page size, margins, etc

> Note : Actually I'd asked same question last year (2019) but the team said "The report had its own margin" and "The browser also had its own margin".
They said this causing because the margin in report is not same with the browser margin. I'd told them, please show me how to makes it same, so I got the same result in preview and in printed paper. They cannot solved it.
The real problem maybe bugs, bugs in calculated the row growth some items, so its pushing down to next row causing growth till the next page.

It is not our limitation. The web browser does not allow to set any printer settings from the code.

Thank you.
stvhui

Post by stvhui »

Hello...
Thanks for your reply, as you said you couldn't reproduce the problem, May I know have you follow the step as I shown ?
Which step/screenshot that makes you cannot reproducred the problems?
What kind of browser do you used?
I had testing in mozilla firefox, also in google chrome have the same result.

Thanks & Regards,
Steven
stvhui

Post by stvhui »

Hello...
I think the bugs is at the row grow calculation.
Let said, logically if address filled with 50 character of text, then I set it to narrower as just fit 5 character in a row, so the following should be displayed in next row (because the row grow).
You must tried to "print preview on the screen" and compared with "printed on paper"
in "print preview on the screen" you may got 5 pages (It seems it's right. only 5 pages) but when you printed on the paper it could becomes 10 pages because some data (rows) should be printed in page1, it printed on page2. That is the problem. So I aasume the bugs is when row grow the calculation still not fit. It's not a matter of the "browser margin" and the "printer margin".

Lech Kulikowski wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:11 am Hello,

> Note : Actually I'd asked same question last year (2019) but the team said "The report had its own margin" and "The browser also had its own margin".

It is not our limitation. The web browser does not allow to set any printer settings from the code.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please send us your request with detailed description on support@stimulsoft.com. We will check it and will reply to you by email fast as possible.

Thank you.
csrt

Post by csrt »

Hello. Facing the same issue for at least 9 months. Standard print was not solved till now. I am using the PrintToPDF option, which is a workaround.