Good practice for replacing the RTF Editor

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
edsonmiranda

Re: Good practice for replacing the RTF Editor

Post by edsonmiranda »

Hi! I think you should consider develop and distribute a TextBox component so we could develop and provide an interface to users to edit their custom reports.
There are many html text editor available but none of them are compatible with these html limitations.
We don't want users to access mrt files and open it for design, we need a way for users to edit some parts that we will provide.
See the report attached for example, the content of the text field in the DataBand is saved in the database.
The users need to access this content through the interface we provide so they can edit the content.
To provide this interface we need a TextBox component for it, that accepts bold, underline, line-height, etc
Attachments
rptDeclaracao.mrt
(16.09 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Last edited by edsonmiranda on Wed May 29, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

You can use the HTML tab in the Text component editor.

Unfortunately, at the current moment, we do not have plans to change Text component in that direction.

Thank you.
edsonmiranda

Post by edsonmiranda »

Where can I find this editor? Can I use this component in asp.net webforms or mvc?
Look, I am talking abou an external component like the report viewer <cc1:StiWebViewer>
Think about something like <asp:StiTextBox> that we could use in webforms to type html formatted texts so the TEXT component in mrt files can show the formatted text the user typed in the webform.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Unfortunately, custom components are not supported in the JS version.

You can try to add your own component via source code.

Thank you.
edsonmiranda

Post by edsonmiranda »

I think you should have an Editor available standalone so we can use in asp.net forms so the final user of our software can edit without the need to open mrt files.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Sorry, maybe we did not exactly understand your question. Could you explain your issue in more detail?

Thank you.
edsonmiranda

Post by edsonmiranda »

As developers we need some kind of an asp.net multiline TextBox component to use in webforms applications so the user can type any text, and change the style, bold, underline, font style, line heigth etc, but user friendly like editing in MicrosoftWord but within the stimulsoft html tags limitations. This text will be saved at our costumer database and then some stimulsoft report will get this text and show at the report. Take a look at the attached report, see that the database fields that contains the html code come from the database and are showed at this report. But we need a text box component compatible with the stimulsoft html tags.
Attachments
rptContrato.mrt
(15.28 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

You can use HTML tags for that task.
https://stimulsoft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... gs-in-text

Thank you.