Issue with DockStyle Fill

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
consiliari

Issue with DockStyle Fill

Post by consiliari »

Hello there,

I'm trying to build a report with a dynamic column. I already tried all sorts of tricks to make this work. From what I'm reading here in the forums. It's often suggested to use the Dock property. I tried it by setting all of my columns (text boxes) to dockstyle left and only the "growing" one to dockstyle fill. This works as long as that column is the last one to the right. But if I have any more column to the right and I want my growing/filling column in the middle it does not work, but overlays all the column to the right; see attached example which I adapted from a sample provided here in the forums. Any advice how to make this work ?
Attachments
HideColumnExample.mrt
(153.82 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Max Shamanov

Re: Issue with DockStyle Fill

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello.

Sorry, we need more time to prepare an answer for you.
We will let you know when we get any results.

Thank you.
Max Shamanov

Re: Issue with DockStyle Fill

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

You can use DockStyle property "Fill" for the last text component on DataBand. It will stretch it to another text component with DockStyle property "Left".

If you want to stretch all text components to the same width without DockStyle property, you should use Events in the DataBand.
We added an event in "Get Tag" to get rendered component on the report page. At "After print" we added an event that change the width
and the position of each text component with the new width.

We attached two report samples with and without using DockStyle property.

Thank you.
Attachments
HideColumnExampleEvents.mrt
(155.15 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
HideColumnDockStyle.mrt
(153.82 KiB) Downloaded 135 times