Error "java.lang.NullPointerException" in Date Range variable

Stimulsoft Reports.JAVA discussion
Manuel Costa

Error "java.lang.NullPointerException" in Date Range variable

Post by Manuel Costa »

Hello, well I was using the Report and I found an error in the Date Range variable where only when creating the variable in a report with no data source and nothing in its layout, still in the Designer I can visualize normally but in the Executor I find the Error attached in image 1.

We are currently at stimulsoft.reports libs 2021.3.7 version and would like to know if the bug in question has already been fixed in a later version or if it will be fixed in another version.

If it is fixed in a later version than the one I informed could you give us a deadline?

Attached is the example report with only the variable Date Range and the application log showing the error at the time of execution of another report with the Date Range.
Attachments
report-executor.log
(74.06 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
image 1.JPG
image 1.JPG (127.37 KiB) Viewed 3340 times
Date Range.mrt
(4.51 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Vadim

Re: Error "java.lang.NullPointerException" in Date Range variable

Post by Vadim »

Hello.

This bug is already fixed in new release, it will available in October.
Manuel Costa

Post by Manuel Costa »

I completely understand, could you let me know if there is a deadline for when the version will be released?
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

The next release build 2021.4.1 will be available within two or three weeks.

Thank you.
Manuel Costa

Post by Manuel Costa »

Hello Lech, we had an unforeseen event and we managed to update the Report Manager to Stimulsoft Lib version 2021.4.4 which was released on November 22, but the same error in the date range variable still persists, attached is a video showing a report with the variable cited and the same error in Report Executor, also in the video shows that the Report in my environment is already with Stimulsoft Lib 2021.4.4 could you validate this fact?
Attachments
report-executor.rar
(5.44 MiB) Downloaded 134 times
Vadim

Post by Vadim »

Hello.

We have no errors in report in first post. Maybe you use another report ?
Manuel Costa

Post by Manuel Costa »

Hello Vadim, the error itself occurs in any report with date range variable, maybe it could be something related to the parameters being passing null values, it would be interesting if you validate this point, we use the java script version of the report manager and validate the Stimulsoft Lib version 2021.4 .4 but the error still persists.
Vadim

Post by Vadim »

Hello.

We can't reproduce error, maybe you can create simple Eclipse project with error & send it to us ?
Manuel Costa

Post by Manuel Costa »

Hello Vadim, unfortunately we were not able to generate the requested file but here is the excerpt from the Report Executor log with the described error and the excerpt in the Report Designer where the error does not occur.
We currently use the Java Script version of Stimulsoft Report , as we were instructed that the error would be fixed in Stimulsoft lib version 2021.4.1 we performed the update but the error still persists.
As I mentioned before, it occurs with the date range variable in the Report Executor and the error "NULL NULL" occurs as if the start and end date parameters were going null for the application.
I would like to know if in the current versions that have been made available if the error still occurs or what will be done about this scenario?
Attachments
log.txt
(7.57 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.