Stimulsoft Designer Ctrl+A Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

Stimulsoft Dashboards.JS discussion
csrt

Stimulsoft Designer Ctrl+A Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

Post by csrt »

Hello, I am using the latest Stimulsoft version (2022.1.2), and I'm having the following issue:

After editing a field in designer, and exiting designer to use other pages of the app (for exemple using the viewer), app stops responding to the key combinations Ctrl+A/Ctrl+C, and when used Ctrl+V, it pastes the following information, kind of a base64 img:

Code: Select all

stiClipboard_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...
It seems that designer does not release the clipboard bind handlers. Any idea how this issue can be fixed?
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Stimulsoft Designer Ctrl+A Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue.
Please send us a step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue or sample project that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
csrt

Post by csrt »

I've reproduced the issue using the Demo from latest Stimulsoft Ultimate 2022.1 - Reports.JS: I've attached the files below. I just added a textarea to illustrate the problem + a button to switch from viewer to designer.

So, to reproduce the issue, you must do the following:
1) Write some text in the textarea and init the Designer using the Design button
2) In the Designer, open the text editor on any text (I've used "Simple List") and press Ctrl+A
3) Switch back to the viewer using the "Switch" button I've added. Give focus to the textarea and try to press Ctrl+A (nothing happens)
4) Manually select the text (using mouse) and press Ctrl+C
5) Press Ctrl+V in the same textarea

As you can see, the output of the following operations is a text that seems like a base64, with the prefix of stiClipboard_.

In our project, I have an SPA with multiple states, including the designer and the viewer. And users can switch between states.
The problem seems to be that Stimulsoft Designer watches the "Ctrl+" events, and on destroy the watchers are still active in other states of the app.

Please tell me, maybe there is a manual call to destroy the designer instance that I can use on switching states, or any other solution that can help?

I've attached the screenshots and the modified Demo folder below.
Thank you.
Attachments
Demo.rar
(7.98 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
stimulsoft_05.png
stimulsoft_05.png (260.41 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
stimulsoft_04.png
stimulsoft_04.png (223.29 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
stimulsoft_03.png
stimulsoft_03.png (220.08 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
stimulsoft_02.png
stimulsoft_02.png (155.46 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
stimulsoft_01.png
stimulsoft_01.png (219.63 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

The issue is fixed. The fix will be available in the next build 2022.1.6

Thank you.
csrt

Post by csrt »

Thank you!
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

You are welcome.
csrt

Post by csrt »

Hello, the old bug was fixed, thank you for a fast reaction.

But unfortunately, I faced another similar bug, this time with inputs on the same page with the designer. We use those inputs for extra parameters, that can change the data sources for the designer, and other params.
The bag is following: when there are inputs in the same page with the designer, the combinations CTRL+A/CTRL+C/CTRL+V don't work with those inputs, even if the inputs have focus. It's interesting that the clipboard works, if used with right mouse click => Paste.

I've reproduced the issue using the Demo from latest Stimulsoft Ultimate 2022.1.6 - Reports.JS: I've attached the files below. I just added an input to illustrate the problem.

So, to reproduce the issue, you must do the following:
1) Copy any text to the clipboard, and switch to designer.
2) Give focus to the input. Try pasting the copied value using CTRL+V.
3) Give focus to the input. Try selecting all text using CTRL+A.
4) Give focus to the input. Try pasting the copied value using right mouse click => Paste.
In my version, the combinations CTRL+C/CTRL+V does not work, and the combination CTRL+A seems to select the designer.

Will you be able to fix this issue, or it's a constraint of using the designer in the same page with other elements?

I've attached the screenshots and the modified Demo folder below.
Thank you.
Attachments
stimul_01.png
stimul_01.png (221.25 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
stimul_02.png
stimul_02.png (220.93 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
stimul_03.png
stimul_03.png (252.82 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
stimul_04.png
stimul_04.png (279.68 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
Demo.rar
(8.06 MiB) Downloaded 170 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

The issue is fixed. The fix will be available in the next release build.

Thank you.