Dashboard - Large tables pagination for fast response time

Stimulsoft BI Server discussion
jlorue

Dashboard - Large tables pagination for fast response time

Post by jlorue »

Hi,
I am using Dashboards.Web, and I am having problems to display Dashboard tables with large number of records. It either takes a long time to display or it shows a timeout message.
In a question I posted about this issue in the Dashboards forum, I was recommended to use BI Server to get pagination.

Is it possible to paginate a Dashboard table using BI Server? Could you please send me an image of how a paginated Dashboard table looks like from client side?

I will probably need to purchase BI Server, but first I need to be sure that it can help me to paginate large tables in order to have a fast response time.

Thanks,
Jose Luis
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Dashboard - Large tables pagination for fast response time

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello Jose Luis,

Sorry for the mistake. We mean reports, the report pages are displayed immediately as the data is loaded in the Server BI.

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Thanks Lech for the clarification.

The point is that Dashboards are more appropriate than reports in many cases, and the only big limitation that I find in Dashboards is that the do not allow to show very large tables (eg thousands of hunderds of records). This is a need I have and will keep on having.

I have seen previous similar questions in the forums from other users, and comparing with other BI solutions this is an important point that is missing.

So, do you have any plan to include server-side paginated tables in Dashboards? (No matter if they need Server BI behind to work fast)
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

> So, do you have any plan to include server-side paginated tables in Dashboards? (No matter if they need Server BI behind to work fast)

Unfortunately, at the current moment, we do not have plans to add that task. Sorry.

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

OK Lech. I hope you can include it in the future.
Thanks anyway.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

You are welcome.