Errors when generating report in pdf, dbf and tiff formats in Stimulsoft.Reports.Web.Net Core v2022.3.4

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
mightyuser

Errors when generating report in pdf, dbf and tiff formats in Stimulsoft.Reports.Web.Net Core v2022.3.4

Post by mightyuser »

As title says, I encountered several problems when generating report in the ASP NET web application and all these problems arise in the Stimulsoft.Report.StiReport.ExportDocument method. The problems are as follows:

Pdf
System.Exception: "Exception in PdfFonts.GetFontMetrics, font 'Tahoma' step #40: 'The value U+D83D is not a valid Unicode code point value. Must not be in [ U+D800..U+DFFF ], inclusive. (Parameter 'value')'".
This problem does not always occur, sometimes generating report in pdf still works. At first, as it seemed to me, the problem was caused by the symbol 🔥 , however, when deleting records with this symbol, the problem still arises.

Dbf
System.ArgumentException: "The output byte buffer is too small to contain the encoded data, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.EncoderReplacementFallback'. Arg_ParamName_Name".
I can't say much about this problem, since it occurs every time a report is generated in this format.

ImageTiff
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: "Parameter "width" (System.Single) must be greater than 0, was 0 Arg_ParamName_Name".
As in Dbf problem occurs every time.

The problems occur only in these formats that we use, in others everything works correctly. I'll attach an example of report generated in xlsx format that when generating in the formats described above throw errors.
Attachments
SampleReport that throw errors.xlsx
(23.78 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Errors when generating report in pdf, dbf and tiff formats in Stimulsoft.Reports.Web.Net Core v2022.3.4

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample project that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
mightyuser

Re: Errors when generating report in pdf, dbf and tiff formats in Stimulsoft.Reports.Web.Net Core v2022.3.4

Post by mightyuser »

Unfortunately, these errors occur in a highly integrated project, so I can't provide you with a sample project, all I can provide at the moment is an example of a report that throw errors when generating in the specified formats
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Ok. Please send us an mrt file with test data.

Thank you.
mightyuser

Post by mightyuser »

The project doesn't have mrt file, so I made a sample project that reproduces the errors described above.
Attachments
SampleProject.7z
(23.74 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
mightyuser

Post by mightyuser »

Hello, were you able to make any progress on solving the issues?
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We are still working on the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We have made an improvement.
Please, check our next build when it will be available.

Thank you.
mightyuser

Post by mightyuser »

Great, the described issues was solved, however the report in tiff format still generated empty, this can also be seen in the sample project, can you look into this issue?