Report from tempate

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
dikan

Report from tempate

Post by dikan »

I have a request to make a printout of a legal document that should include segments written in RTF format as well as data from a database. All data (and RTF texts) are in the database. If the document was in a strictly defined format, it wouldn't really be a problem, but... There's always a but. The document is in a fairly free arrangement of individual RTF texts and elements from the database arranged in some kind of chapters.

My question is: If within some form of template I can determine the arrangement of individual segments of the document, how much of a problem is it that by reading the already strictly arranged parts, I can call individual bands or subreports to be printed in accordance with the read template?

Regards,

Đorđe Radovanović
Kirill Klimenkov

Re: Report from tempate

Post by Kirill Klimenkov »

Hello.

Sorry, maybe we did not exactly understand your question. Could you explain your issue in more detail?

Thank you.
dikan

Post by dikan »

Hello Kirill,

I will try to show you with the simplest possible example. One video shows an example of a report and the other an example from a designer. In the first part of the report, you can see the text that is in .RTF format is written from the database, and in the second part, there is a table from the database that shows some data about the goods and the condition of those goods. The problem is that in the final report these two segments are combined according to user instructions defined in a separate data table.
For example like this:
RTF
RTF
Table
RTF
Table
RTF
RTF
RTF
Table
RTF
So my question is: Is it possible to call the same data bands multiple times according to the data source that defines that sequence?

Regards,
Djordje Radovanovic
dikan

Post by dikan »

Sorry, I could not find way to attach pictures.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.