A bug with can grow wordwrapped labels

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
KFR

A bug with can grow wordwrapped labels

Post by KFR »

I have noticed a bug in labels with constant values that are set to wordwrap and can grow. This appears to be in all recent versions of the designer. If you create a constant label with a string value just long enough to fit on one line in the label. Set it to word wrap and 'can grow' to true. Then look at the preview. Firstly, the label is now wrapped on to a second line. Why is the text longer in the preview than it is in the designer? Surely if it fits on one line in the designer and its a constant string, it should fit on one line in the preview too. But the real bug is that the new line of text is now cut off slightly. I.e. the field has not grown to accommodate the second line. If I go back to the designer and update the label to have enough text that it wraps to a second line there (without changing the size of the label) the preview now does grow to accommodate it. Its like if the designer shows it on one line, the preview (and rendered reports) also think its on one line, even though its been wrapped.

An additional related bug. If a text field contains a single word which is word wrapped, can grow does not work. For instance, we have an email field. With word wrap on, it wraps the email to the next line if its too long, but the field does not grow to accommodate it. If you put some spaces in the email it does grow.
Max Shamanov

Re: A bug with can grow wordwrapped labels

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Please send us a simple report with test data that reproduce the issue.

Thank you.