Chart with left and right y-axis. Issue with range

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
tstraet

Chart with left and right y-axis. Issue with range

Post by tstraet »

Hi,

I'm using Stimulsoft 2020.5.2. But I just downloaded the trial of 2023.1.6 to see if there is a solution in the upgraded version. But I can't get it to work in either version.

I'm using a chart to display two series.
Series 1 displays values in between 92-102 in function of time.
Series 2 displays values in between 0-3 in function of the same time as series 1.

Initially I configure Series 1 to use y-axis 1. I configure y-axis 1 with a range of 0-102
Then I configure Series 2 to use y-axis 2. I configure y-axis 2 with a range of 0-3

Until here everything is OK.

I want series 1 to use a range from 92-102. So In the properties of Y-axis 1 I set...
- auto: false
- range: 92-102
- start from zero: false

Then you can see the problem: Y-axis 2 is not respecting its settings anymore. The range is no longer 0-3. There are no labels displayed and its not clear what the exact range is at this point.
If you go to Y-axis 2 properties -> Label -> Set step to 0.1 then you can see labels again. It seems the range is now roughly from 2.3 - 2.8

How can I achieve a graph with two y-axis' that respect their range settings?

Thanks in advance,
Toon
Max Shamanov

Re: Chart with left and right y-axis. Issue with range

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduce the issue.

Thank you.
tstraet

Post by tstraet »

In attachment you can find a report, created with Stimulsoft 2020.5.2, that contains two charts. The json file contains the values of the chart.
I created a new report to show this problem. So the numbers are a bit different. But I was able to demonstrate the problem.

The second chart is there to show the problem. The right y-axis does not behave as expected and the data of the second series is not visible because it is out of bounds.

The first chart is there so you can see the data of both series. But the problem is with the second chart.

Thank you.
Attachments
chartvalues.json
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
chartissue.mrt
(19.23 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to set a different range for the right and left y-axis.

Thank you.
tstraet

Post by tstraet »

That's unfortunate. At least I can stop spending time in this topic, I was thinking I was doing something wrong. I'll display the data without the second Y-axis. Thanks for your time.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

You are Welcome!