Variance, standard deviation and weighted sums

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
lchorley

Variance, standard deviation and weighted sums

Post by lchorley »

Greetings team StimulSoft,

I've seen that there are a couple of posts about some of these operations, but they are very old now (going back to 2009) so I thought I'd check just in case there are some new ideas or functionalities available.

We're trying to implement calculated fields that automatically do a variance or a standard deviation on a data field, or a weighted sum of two data fields, one as the data and the other as the weights. Preferably calculated using only the data shown up until the current line (like running sums) and such that it can be placed in a GroupHeader or GroupFooter.
All three of these calculations need to use all the data up until the current line (squaring individually or multiplying two columns together), so the default functions can't be used, like running totalled sums and averages.

Are there default ways to get theses results or do you have any hints on how to implement this kind of functionality directly in the expression of a text field ?

Thank you !
Loren
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Variance, standard deviation and weighted sums

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

You can try to use calculation columns with the necessary expressions. Also, you can use the DataTrasformation item:
https://stimulsoft.com/en/documentation ... mation.htm

Thank you.