Designer exception when getting columns from Assembly.

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
AaronSmith

Designer exception when getting columns from Assembly.

Post by AaronSmith »

I have a .Net 7 assembly that I am trying to use to get the data objects from. It's a .Net 7 Web Api assembly but has all of our object types in it. The designer version is 2023.1.8 and I am doing the free trial right now to see if this is going to work for us.

In the designer I create a new Data Source and select data from business objects. I click on get columns from assembly and then pick our application DLL, I get an error "Unable to load one or more requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information." If I go to Report, the description is:
Unable to load one or more of the requested types:
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

How can I get this to load our types? If I click continue I don't get any of our business objects listed.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Designer exception when getting columns from Assembly.

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

This will not work. Our standalone designer is based on NetFramework 4.7, and your assembly is .Net7.

You can create .Net7 project, register your data from code, and call the designer:
var report = new StiReport();
report.RegBusinessObject("name", object);
report.Dictionary.SynchronizeBusinessObjects();
report.Design();

Thank you.