Report migration

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
dikan

Report migration

Post by dikan »

Until now I have application that was build for desktop. Application is combination of Win32 and .NET code. I have about 200 reports that works exactly how my users need. Now I have to migrate my application to web.
All of my reports are build on ODBC connection and this will not work over the web. Now I found that if I save my report with SaveDocumentJsonToString() method than I can read this into JS viewer over the web.
But, there is only at least one but... I lost sorting of already rendered reports, I lost variable panel, I lost bookmarks.. All the features that make different between ordinary reports.

Is there any possibilities to save from existing reports some kind of file or files that will enable all those good functionality over the web or I have to rewrite all my reports to have other data source (XML or JSON) and export data in a form that this new reports can read?

Regards,

Djordje Radovanovic
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Report migration

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

You can retrieve data to the dataset with the same (DataSet name - ODBC connection name, tables, columns), and clear databases and data sources, and register that dataset with the RegData() method.
In that case, your old report should work without any modifications.

Thank you.
CloClo98

Post by CloClo98 »

Hi, to preserve your report functionality while migrating to a web-based platform with Stimulsoft, consider transitioning your data source to a web-friendly format like XML or JSON. This approach may require rewriting your reports to use these data sources and exporting data accordingly. Alternatively, explore custom development or third-party tools to bridge the functionality gap between your existing reports and the web viewer. Consulting Stimulsoft support can also provide valuable guidance in this migration process. Explore a wealth of resources and insights at womendailymagazine.
Last edited by CloClo98 on Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Thank you for the information.