Report not rendering when too much data are selected from database

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
JohnW

Re: Report not rendering when too much data are selected from database

Post by JohnW »

What happens to the report if you just run it for a single account? Are you actually missing reports for accounts? Also check the last account that does print correctly, if there is some kind of sequence to the records try to run the report against the next record that comes after it. Since you tell us your report runs correctly for the firtst pages, I am thinking it is more likely an issue with the data and the datasets.
lucasrinaldi

Post by lucasrinaldi »

JohnW wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:09 pm What happens to the report if you just run it for a single account? Are you actually missing reports for accounts? Also check the last account that does print correctly, if there is some kind of sequence to the records try to run the report against the next record that comes after it. Since you tell us your report runs correctly for the firtst pages, I am thinking it is more likely an issue with the data and the datasets.
The title of the band doesn't even render. If it were a query error, it would hide the data source items, not stop rendering in the middle of it (I guess).
We have other customers already using this query without any problem for years. Seems like a limitation from the renderer, but we could only guess at this time.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

My last suggestion. In looking at the report you have a number of databands set to print if empty = true. My understanding is that is telling the report to print those sections even though there is nothing there. That could account for your extra pages.
You can check but these are the databands set to print if empty: 4, 5, 6, 12, 16, 17, 19, 23, 25, 56, 59
I found similar settings for Table 2 - header and footer.

It may be worth it to try to set these to false and see the impact on your blank pages..

John W