Connection error when adding new data source

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
KennyB

Connection error when adding new data source

Post by KennyB »

I am trying to add a new data source for an existing report and when I try to run my query text I get a "connection error" window that pops up. I am right clicking on the pre existing connection that this report has. Am I missing something. If I click the pencil icon next to the Name in Source a window pops up with the header "Name in Source" but there is no info showing. Please let me know if more info would help. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. I attached a screenshot of the error message.

Thanks,
Kenny
Attachments
Stimsoft screenshot.jpg
Stimsoft screenshot.jpg (319.11 KiB) Viewed 5494 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Connection error when adding new data source

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello Kenny,

The connection string test is successful?

Thank you.
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Hi Lech,

I am new to this. Can you point me in the direction of where I can learn how to run the connection string test and/or a good resource for learning more about the Stimulsoft designer? I believe I am using Stimulsoft Designer.
I did a few google searches and couldn't find anything that was straight forward for my application. I am running an ERP system that is internet based and am trying to create custom reports to monitor key areas of my business. I have had success modifying existing reports but now I want to add in some more data sources (all from the same database) to combine the info I get in two or more separate reports.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

> I am running an ERP system that is internet based and am trying to create custom reports to monitor key areas of my business.

You should send a request to the developers of this system.
We do not know how they use our components in this system. Perhaps they have prohibited the creation of new connections.

Thank you.