PDF preview differ from print preview

Stimulsoft Dashboards.JS discussion
samet

PDF preview differ from print preview

Post by samet »

Hello
I have a question. I have a project where I use Angular on the front-end and .NET on the back-end, and I want to print a report in this project. When I want to save this report as PDF, it appears normally, but when I want to print the report, some information on the page shifts to the next page. I can make it smooth when I reduce the scale value on the print screen, but I do not want this.
How can I ensure that the information in the report fits on the page without reducing the scale value?
Lech Kulikowski

Re: PDF preview differ from print preview

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please provide more information - report, screenshots, etc. for analysis.

Thank you.
samet

Post by samet »

I realized there was something in the problem that I needed to fix. There is no problem on the Report Preview screen, but when I want to save it as PDF and print it, some information moves to the next page.
Below you can first see the report preview screen.(photo 1 )
photo 1
photo 1
Report-preview.png (97.57 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
The screenshot below is the situation that occurs when I want to save the report as pdf using the print button. (photo 2)
photo 2
photo 2
pdf.png (153.81 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
Also, I have the same problem when I want to print the report. (photo 3 )
photo 3
photo 3
print.png (155.08 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
I do not want the 'Report ID' value to slide down to the other page and unnecessary pages to be created for this reason. How can I fix this problem without changing the scale value?
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please try to decrease margins.
It is the feature of the browser printing, it is not possible to provide any printer settings in the browser print dialog from code (browser security limitations), you should set it the same as in the report annually.

Thank you.
samet

Post by samet »

Hello,
You have stated that it is not possible to provide any printer settings from the code due to browser security limitations. However, when I want to print a multi-page invoice report sample from designer.stimulsoft.com or download this report in PDF format, I do not encounter a problem such as the information shifting to the next page. I think there may be any solution other than reducing margins.
print2.png
print2.png (161.51 KiB) Viewed 1898 times
report3.png
report3.png (151.71 KiB) Viewed 1898 times
If it is a browser-related problem, shouldn't I get the same error for the report above that I want to print from designer.stimulsoft.com?
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please send us your report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.