Compiler-warning in C#-code of .cs-report (PART 2)

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
Dave Canto

Post by Dave Canto »

After saving my report "Ecology" as a cs-file (instead of the mrt-format) and using it in my VS2005 Project, I get the following warning from the compiler:

CDReports\rptEcology.cs(749,39): warning CS0109: The member 'BIG.Reporting.ProductFileCD.rptEcology.ParenttblReportValues0Relation.Name' does not hide an inherited member. The new keyword is not required.

I refer also to a closed topic in this forum. You guys tried to fix this problem before, but another problem was created hereby. In this old topic there was a problem with DataSource.Name. Now Relation.Name generates a warning.

What can I do to avoid this warning? I'm using version [2007.2.0.0] of StimulReport.NET.
Vital

Post by Vital »

Please send this report to support [at] stmiulsoft [dot] com.

Thank you.
Vital

Post by Vital »

Problem solved. Patch will be available in build from 4 June.

Thank you.
Dave Canto

Post by Dave Canto »

Dave wrote:After saving my report "Ecology" as a cs-file (instead of the mrt-format) and using it in my VS2005 Project, I get the following warning from the compiler:

CDReports\rptEcology.cs(749,39): warning CS0109: The member 'BIG.Reporting.ProductFileCD.rptEcology.ParenttblReportValues0Relation.Name' does not hide an inherited member. The new keyword is not required.

I refer also to a closed topic in this forum. You guys tried to fix this problem before, but another problem was created hereby. In this old topic there was a problem with DataSource.Name. Now Relation.Name generates a warning.

What can I do to avoid this warning? I'm using version [2007.2.0.0] of StimulReport.NET.
Today I downloaded the latest build from your website (SR_2007.06.21_D2005), but the build-warning is still there:

CDReports\rptEcology.cs(835,39): warning CS0109: The member 'BIG.Reporting.ProductFileCD.rptEcology.ParenttblReportValues0Relation.Name' does not hide an inherited member. The new keyword is not required.

Is it possible to look again at this strange problem?
Vital

Post by Vital »

We can't reproduce this bug. Our fix is correct. Please check again build from 21 June.

Thank you.
Dave Canto

Post by Dave Canto »

I forgot to rebuild my report to generate new C#-code. So today I did a rebuild of my report and project. The warnings were gone. Thanks a lot!
Vital

Post by Vital »

Let us know if you need any help.
Dave Canto

Post by Dave Canto »

The only warnings I'm still having now are 'Missing XML comments' warnings:

CDReports\rptEcology.cs(22,61): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'BIG.Reporting.ProductFileCD.rptEcology.ParenttblReportValues3'

I know that the C#-code is always regenerated when the report's .mrt-file is changed. Because this code is generated I can't put XML-comments by myself. These would disappear at the next rebuild of the report. Is it possible to put some generated XML-comments in the report's .cs-code? Or can I put these warnings off in another way?
Edward

Post by Edward »

Automatic generation via standard CodeDom procedure does not allow to include any xml-comments in the resulted code.

Thank you.