Counting data

Сonversation on different topics
seev009

Counting data

Post by seev009 »

I have created a a report that need a statistic to count a data. Example statistic in forum, the person name of Name1 posting how many times, a year for year 2007 how many times do user post in 1 topics in 2007. I want use this appear in my report statistic, please guide me how to create such things as statistic reports...

Thanks

Hasif
Edward

Counting data

Post by Edward »

Please see the Demo.exe sample application from the standard delivery. In this application please see the "Cross-Tab" Category. Name of the sample report is "Cross-TabOnDataBand".
You can use the following association with your report required:

OrderDetails - list of all posts.
Categories.CategoryName - Year of analysis
Products.ProductName - forum for analysis
OrderDetails.Discount - Identification of the Post (number of the post)
Order_Details.Orders.Customers.CompanyName - user identification

Thank you.

seev009

Counting data

Post by seev009 »

Thank you for your information.
Edward

Counting data

Post by Edward »

Let us know if you need any help.

Thank you.
seev009

Counting data

Post by seev009 »

I have another question regarding count.. example:-

I have call Group By statement and I have select 5 column in 4 table are joining together.

Column - Region, Month, Year, Status, Responsible Role.

What I need is count the similar of data like count data from Region if the data is "R1" has 3 data repeating then the total count of data "R1" is 3 and so on..

I have use CountIf(RegionGroup.REGION_NAME = "R1")... but it not dynamically.... so I get an idea like CountIf(RegionGroup.REGION_NAME = DataText1.Text) but it doesn't work because the DataText1 is get from database it call the DataText1 first then it will show the data right....

So can you give me any idea of my work???

I also using the one that you suggest but I don't need like that cause it will repeating to much data.. it hard for user to understand it.

Hope you will give a good idea to me.. I need to work out ASAP.

Thanks
Edward

Counting data

Post by Edward »

You can declare a variable in the Dictionary of the report. For example MyVariable. Then you can assign this variable dynamically. In this case your expression will look in the following way:

Code: Select all

VB.Net:
CountIf(RegionGroup.REGION_NAME = MyVariable)

C#:
CountIf(RegionGroup.REGION_NAME == MyVariable)
If this suggestion is still doesn't resolve your task please provide us with more details and sample report and data for it to Image for analysis.

Thank you.