Passing Data to Report

Stimulsoft Reports.UWP discussion
adamaka

Passing Data to Report

Post by adamaka »

Hello,
I'm trying out the trial for this product before our company buys it, and I can't seem to figure out how to hand data off to a report created in the designer. I've tried looking through the documentation, but there isn't much specific to WinRT. I can get a report to show using this:

Code: Select all

StiReport report = new StiReport();
await report.LoadAsync(storageFile);
await report.RenderAsync();
viewerControl.Report = report;
However, I want to hand it some data before rendering & printing. Let's just say, for example, I wan to pass a ProductName and ProductQuantity to the report. Do I use BusinessObjects or some kind of DataSource? report.RegBusinessObject doesn't seem to do much for me, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.
-Andy
Alex K.

Re: Passing Data to Report

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

The WinRT native version supports only the business objects in the form of connecting ones to the report (i.e., you need to use the RegBusinessObject() method).
You can create yourself a business object as a class, fill it with data, or can follow any responses to use our implementation of the DataSet (i.e., using any database or a database connection with our tools, or separately supplied class, create a file, which can then be easily connect as a business object in WinRT)
more information at -
http://blog.stimulsoft.com/?p=1247
The article was written for Silverlight, but it works similarly in WinRT.

Thank you.
adamaka

Post by adamaka »

Thanks, I've got it working now
Anton Lozovskiy

Post by Anton Lozovskiy »

Hello,

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.