Report Server Issues

Stimulsoft BI Server discussion
pgodwin

Report Server Issues

Post by pgodwin »

I made a post before, I don't think it submitted properly.

I've recently downloaded the trial and have found the following issues:
  • Facebook, Google, etc Logins are Disabled
  • The cloud storage option is disabled
  • The report wizard option is disabled when creating a new report
  • The Add Table list is in an unknown order. Can it be sorted alphabetically?
  • 'Restoring' a Maximised Navigator.Win window cuts off the right-hand side of the window
  • When a Table or Query is selected (rather than a data source), the New Table, New Query & New Data Relation buttons do not do anything.
Is the product still in testing?
Andrew

Re: Report Server Issues

Post by Andrew »

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
* Facebook, Google, etc Logins are Disabled
* The cloud storage option is disabled
* The report wizard option is disabled when creating a new report
Disabled items will be available soon. For example, the cloud storage will be available this year.
* The Add Table list is in an unknown order. Can it be sorted alphabetically?
We have fixed this. The update will be available the next week.
* 'Restoring' a Maximised Navigator.Win window cuts off the right-hand side of the window
We have improved something in this regard. The update will be available the next week.
But since we do not use windows we will not be able make it different way. Sorry.
* When a Table or Query is selected (rather than a data source), the New Table, New Query WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.124 Safari/537.36

Could you, please send us a step-by-step guide how to reproduce this?

Waiting for your reply.
Thank you.
pgodwin

Post by pgodwin »

Disabled items will be available soon. For example, the cloud storage will be available this year.
That's fine, I like the direction it's going in, but it seems clear this is really pre-release software not yet ready for production. Perhaps it'd be an idea to indicate it as such on the homepage?
We have improved something in this regard. The update will be available the next week.
But since we do not use windows we will not be able make it different way. Sorry.
I'm not sure what you mean here. You say you've improved it, but you don't use Windows so it won't be fixed?
Could you, please send us a step-by-step guide how to reproduce this?
Sure thing:
  • 1. In Navigator.Win, from the View Section of the Home Ribbon, select either Newest, Favorites (if you've added a table to favorites), or 'Recent'.
    2. Your tables should now appear under Root, select a table to bring up the table Menu.
    3. Click the New Table, New Query, or New Data Relation buttons. Note that nothing happens.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,
That's fine, I like the direction it's going in, but it seems clear this is really pre-release software not yet ready for production. Perhaps it'd be an idea to indicate it as such on the homepage?
We remained these disabled options visible to show what will be implemented very soon. We followed the idea that it is better show the features that will be implemented then to simply hide them).
I'm not sure what you mean here. You say you've improved it, but you don't use Windows so it won't be fixed?
We have improved the issue with some windows. We resized and reorganized them. But we will not be able to change the way they are displayed.
Sure thing:

1. In Navigator.Win, from the View Section of the Home Ribbon, select either Newest, Favorites (if you've added a table to favorites), or 'Recent'.
2. Your tables should now appear under Root, select a table to bring up the table Menu.
3. Click the New Table, New Query, or New Data Relation buttons. Note that nothing happens.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. We will fix this issue.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.
Thank you.
pgodwin

Post by pgodwin »

We remained these disabled options visible to show what will be implemented very soon. We followed the idea that it is better show the features that will be implemented then to simply hide them).
I get that, however when it's disabled without explanation it looked to me that I had to stick some API keys in or something. Plus it's listed on the website as a feature (http://www.stimulsoft.com/en/products/server/overview), without any indication that it isn't implemented yet. A quick disclaimer that it's expected in a later release would reduce confusion.
We have improved the issue with some windows. We resized and reorganized them. But we will not be able to change the way they are displayed.
Excellent, just so we're clear I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like when the main Navigator window is restored from being Maximised.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. We will fix this issue.
No problem, I look forward to seeing it sorted.
Attachments
Note the image isn't cropped, it's exactly how the window appears.
Note the image isn't cropped, it's exactly how the window appears.
stimulsoft issue.PNG (62.26 KiB) Viewed 3761 times
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,
A quick disclaimer that it's expected in a later release would reduce confusion.
Thank you for this. We will take this into consideration.
Excellent, just so we're clear I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like when the main Navigator window is restored from being Maximised.

Thank you for the screenshot. We will look at this more carefully.
No problem, I look forward to seeing it sorted.
Thank you and have a nice weekend.