Globalzation question

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
Markus Weiß

Globalzation question

Post by Markus Weiß »

Hi,

i'm currently evaluating your product an come up with a question about the globalization feature. In the current version you can set globalization strings on the report object an the set the auto localize report to yes but nothing happens in Preview Mode.

I've added to cultures de and en and localized two text fields for my header band.

What else do i have to do.

Thanks

Markus
Vital

Globalzation question

Post by Vital »

We need known more details about your reports: you are use Globalization Manager or new feature - property GlobalizationStrings?
Markus Weiß

Globalzation question

Post by Markus Weiß »

Hi,

i'm using the property "Globalization Strings". And i discovered that the content of the text fields are changing in the preview according to the culture setting of my windows (de).

But the main question is - how is it working exactly. I'm describing my unterstanding of the matter:

1. i have to the add the cultures (de and en) in the gloablization Strings Property Editor
2. i change the values of the desired text controls in the globalization strings
3. Here i'm not quit sure - i have to set the globalized name property to ???????

Markus
Vital

Globalzation question

Post by Vital »

In this case you don't need use globalized name property.

For enabling localization you can use AutoLocalizeReportOnRun property or use method:

report.GlobalizationStrings.LocalizeReport("de");

Thank you.