Designer missing features compared with Windows Forms version?

Stimulsoft Reports.WPF discussion
Radu.Aanei

Post by Radu.Aanei »

Can you dock Properties/Dictionary/Report tree windows so that they are all visible at the same time? This was possible in the Windows Forms designer.

How do you change the Events for components with the new designer?

Also I've noticed that if I open a mrt file in designer that has some script and I save it without switching to the Code page, all my script disappears. If I switch first to the Code page and then save it saves ok.

The Properties window in designer cuts the description of the property and puts ... next to it even when I make the properties window wide enough that it would fit the whole description. Is there a way to resize the description part so that it fits more of the description.

Is it possible to have some sort of Favorities for Properties? The interface for editing properties is nice but it's huge and it take a lot of clicks to get to some properties that you use very often.
Jan

Post by Jan »

Hello,
Can you dock Properties/Dictionary/Report tree windows so that they are all visible at the same time? This was possible in the Windows Forms designer.
Sorry at this moment its not possible.
How do you change the Events for components with the new designer?
You can edit events starts from prerelease build from 6 Jule.
Also I've noticed that if I open a mrt file in designer that has some script and I save it without switching to the Code page, all my script disappears. If I switch first to the Code page and then save it saves ok.
Fixed. Please check build from 6 Jule.
The Properties window in designer cuts the description of the property and puts ... next to it even when I make the properties window wide enough that it would fit the whole description. Is there a way to resize the description part so that it fits more of the description.
At this moment this is not possible.
Is it possible to have some sort of Favorities for Properties? The interface for editing properties is nice but it's huge and it take a lot of clicks to get to some properties that you use very often.
Can you explain in more details?

Thank you.
Radu.Aanei

Post by Radu.Aanei »

Thank you for the answers.

We've bought Stimulsoft Reports.WFP version 2009.1.400 from 27 June 2009. I assume you're talking about a future July 6 pre-release build because I don't see any WPF pre-release on your site. I'm looking forward to that because I'm afraid one day I won't be careful enough and lose my script.

About my suggestion of Favorities: I imagined it something like the Favorities folders from MS Outlook 2007, you can add/remove any folder there, reorder the items by drag and drop.
The scenario with Stimulsoft is the following: If you work very frequently with a set of properties and you want to get to them very quickly or see them at a glance, you would add them to your Favorities tab/section and could see/set them there without scrolling and clicking through the categorized properties.

A search by property name would also be a nice to get to the desired property quickly. I sometimes miss the alphabetical display of properties you had in WinForms version just because it was easier for me to do a visual search.

I've tried to resize or move a control with just the keyboard but wasn't able to(the design windows scrolled down instead). I hope you'll include this feature soon.

Can I safely use both the WinForms designer and WFP designer for the same mrt files or will I run into a lot of trouble?
Jan

Post by Jan »

Hello,
We've bought Stimulsoft Reports.WFP version 2009.1.400 from 27 June 2009. I assume you're talking about a future July 6 pre-release build because I don't see any WPF pre-release on your site. I'm looking forward to that because I'm afraid one day I won't be careful enough and lose my script.
Prerelease will be available 6 July (close to evening).
About my suggestion of Favorities: I imagined it something like the Favorities folders from MS Outlook 2007, you can add/remove any folder there, reorder the items by drag and drop.
The scenario with Stimulsoft is the following: If you work very frequently with a set of properties and you want to get to them very quickly or see them at a glance, you would add them to your Favorities tab/section and could see/set them there without scrolling and clicking through the categorized properties.
Ok. I understand your requirement. I have added it to our to-do list.
A search by property name would also be a nice to get to the desired property quickly. I sometimes miss the alphabetical display of properties you had in WinForms version just because it was easier for me to do a visual search.
Please check prerelease build from 6 July. It contain required mode.
Can I safely use both the WinForms designer and WFP designer for the same mrt files or will I run into a lot of trouble?
Both designer uses same format. So you can use it without problems.

Thank you.