get data, do some processes on them, retrive and display them on report??

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
M.I.A

Post by M.I.A »

Hello all,

i already designed my report by stimulsoft, i have data band that contains more than one text components, all of these text components connected with data source in stimulsoft to retrieve data from my data base, every thing work correctly until now and i can see my information in my web application by stimulsoft report.

My problem is: i want get from date column from my data base rows, do some manipulations and then retrieve this manipulated data to one of these text components (suppose it is "Test3") in stimulsoft report, and the rest of my data it will display directly from my data base to stimulsoft report.

My report running good now, just the problem in this component ("Text3"), i don't know how i can display it in stimulsoft report after manipulation, i already did the manipulations in this column and i put the result in string array, but as i said i don't know how i can display and return results of this array to stimulsoft report.

Thank you all.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

Could you please describe your issue in details? Do you use WebViewer or WebViewerFx? What is the resulted format of manipulated data? You may connect user data using the report.RegData() method after loading a report. If some data are already registered then, to clear them, the report.DataStore.Clear() method can be used.

Thank you.
M.I.A

Post by M.I.A »

Hello Andrew, thank you for your reply.

To be more clear i will tell you about my stimulsoft tempalte design, i have header band, data band, footer band. in the data band (and my problem is here) i put many text box components, i created dataset mentioned to my data base table and connected these text components with this dataset to can take data from my data base when i write some codes in my web application (except one text box which is dateTextBox under the date column in my report template)

In my web application i already put my data that imported from my data base in DataTable, then put them in report.RegData(myDataTable), then i used webviewr to display them, for example:
report.RegData(myDataTable)
StiWebViewr1.Report = report;

i can display my report in my web application using stimulsoft report until now, but i just have one column which is date column, i want take the hole data of this column, and do some manipulation in ready method in my application, the result of this manipulation inserted in string array, now my array is ready with these results, i want return the array result to the (date column in my stimulsoft report template).

Because i import the date column from my data base in Gregorian Calendar format, and the requirment of my application have to use UmAlqura Calender, so after using (system.Globalization) library, i created method to convert from Gregorian format to UmAlqura calendar format, the result of this method put in string array, but i dont know how i can display this string array beside another results that directly come from my data base and display in my application by WebViewr.

Thank you.

M.I.A

Post by M.I.A »

Hello all

Now i have another idea to solve this, but first can i use my function that created in my C# editor in my web application, can i use it (my function) in the code editor of stimulsoft?

If that possible my problem will solve, because i will get the dates data from the data base by stimulsoft, then pass these dates into my function, then return the converted dates to the Text box component.

Please if it is possible, please tell me how.

Thank you.
M.I.A

Post by M.I.A »

[quote="M".I.A]

Now i have another idea to solve this, but first can i use my function that created in my C# editor in my web application, can i use it (my function) in the code editor of stimulsoft?

If that possible my problem will solve, because i will get the dates data from the data base by stimulsoft, then pass these dates into my function, then return the converted dates to the Text box component.

Please if it is possible, please tell me how.

Thank you.[/quote]

I think it is bad idea, because even if i can use my functions that created in my C# editor, how i can do select statement in stimulsoft code editor to select dates that i want put them in the function to convert them to another calendar format.

any other idea?
Jan

Post by Jan »

Hello,

Please visit following link:

http://www.stimulsoft.com/livedemos/Rep ... ction.html

Thank you.
M.I.A

Post by M.I.A »

Hello

Thank you Jan for your reply, i am sorry because i did not reply about your link but that because i faced serious problem in my PC which led me to format my PC.

Now i reinstall SQL Server and VS2008, and i will try today that solution in this link.

Thank you.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

Let us know about the results.

Thank you.
M.I.A

Post by M.I.A »

Hello

In my first step, i followed exactly the way in that video, i did that steps in windows application not in my web application to do exactly that steps in that video, then if it succeed i will try do it in my web application.

But unfortunately an exception generated when i clicked on preview button in stimulsoft environment after i did all steps, the exception tell me that 'Stimulsoft.Report.Win' library is not found, and when i bought my stimulsoft web license i think that library not came with other libraries, because i searched in my stimulsoft libraries folder and i did not find 'Stimulsoft.Report.Win' library.

This is the exception message: " Assembly 'Stimulsoft.Report.Win' is not found".

And this is the complete exception message:
----------------------------
[Customer Explanation]

[General Info]

Application: StiTest
Framework: v2.0.50727
Version: Version: 2009.3.509 from 5 October 2009
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

[Exception Info]

Source: Stimulsoft.Report

StackTrace:
at Stimulsoft.Report.StiGuiOptions.GetProgressInformation(Object ownerForm, StiGuiMode guiMode)
at Stimulsoft.Report.StiReport.Render(StiRenderState renderState, StiGuiMode guiMode)
at Stimulsoft.Report.StiReport.Render(StiRenderState renderState)
at Stimulsoft.Report.StiReport.Render(Boolean showProgress, Int32 fromPage, Int32 toPage)
at Stimulsoft.Report.StiReport.Render(Boolean showProgress)
at Stimulsoft.Report.Design.StiActions.MainMenu.InvokeReportPreview(StiDesignerControl designer)

[Assemblies]
mscorlib, Version = 2.0.0.0
Stimulsoft.Report, Version = 2009.3.509.0
System, Version = 2.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version = 2.0.0.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version = 2.0.0.0

Thank you.
Jan

Post by Jan »

Hello,

Stimulsoft.Report.Win.dll assembly is not provided in web edition of our product. Problem which you faced is fixed some time ago. Please call on HTML preview in report designer.

Thank you.