Trial Version for PHP crippled?

Stimulsoft Reports.PHP discussion
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,

All mathematical functions, including the Round() function, will be available in today's prerelease build from November, 9. Also, we will try to solve the issue with rounding results.

Thank you.
tony.tomov

Post by tony.tomov »

Hello,
The Designer fail to load in the last prebuild.
When copy the new flies and try to load the designer only the Loading Report appear and the the designer hang.
Viewer is OK.

Regards
Tony
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,

Thanks for the bug-report, we have corrected this error. Please reload the latest prerelease from our site again.

Thank you.
fox_224

Post by fox_224 »

Hi Vladimir,
Designer loads ok now thank you. Was able to load my existing report and the totals work including the Round() function. Thanks for that. Only thing is if the value is say 34.50, it says 34.5 (without the zero). Will there be any formatting functions available in the future?
Another when I create a new report and create a new connection and click test connection, it says connection is successfull. HOWEVER, when I create a new data source and type my simple (select * from table) query,
and click on Retrieve Columns it says: Data Not found.
I then reloaded my existing report and went to Edit Data Source window, and without editing the existing query text, I just clicked on Retrieve Columns and it says the same thing: Data Not Found.
Any idea why this could be happening?
Regards,
fox_224

Post by fox_224 »

Hi Vladimir,
When I create a new report and create a new connection and click test connection, it says connection is successfull. HOWEVER, when I create a new data source and type a simple (select * from table) query, and click on Retrieve Columns it says: Data Not found. So there are no columns to report on. This used to work in previous version.
Regards,
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,

We have already fixed this error, also we rechecked and improved algorithms for working with databases. Update will be available tomorrow in the prerelease build from November, 23.

Thank you.
fox_224

Post by fox_224 »

Hi Vladimir,
Just downloaded the latest pre-release from November 23. The error message is gone, but there are no columns retrieved. No columns show so there is nothing to report on.
Regards,
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,

We rechecked the latest prerelease build again on the MySQL database - columns are retrieved correctly. There are no problems in our other clients. Most likely, the problem is in the settings.

1. Please tell us what designer you are using: standalone or client/server?
2. Whether this query to a table works in another MySql client?
3. Please check the 'error_reporting' option in the php.ini file, you need to turn off displaying warnings (error_reporting = E_ALL & ~ E_NOTICE).
4. Does this error appear on different browsers?
5. If all of the above does not help - please send us information of phpinfo() function for analysis.

Thank you.