Some issues

Stimulsoft Reports.PHP discussion
tony.tomov

Some issues

Post by tony.tomov »

Hello,

Just downloaded and tested the new pre build from 23.

I can not figure some things , so please, your help is greatly appreciated.

According to this :
Add: A new feature - Request From User is available for report variables.
I can not figure out how to use it.

Also when defined and a" Request from user" is marked the variable appear in the runtime (viewer)
so that the user can put some value(s) and see the new result.
I have defined a Varaible1 and set it as string, then in the data window I type the following query

SELECT * FROM orders WHERE CustomerID LIKE {Variable1}%

This seems not to work. (No data message appera) I have try with equal and etc., but again there is no data. I have put valid search data instead.
What I do wrong?
This feature is one of most important features into the reports

Another Issue
Add: The CanGrow, CanShrink and AutoWidth properties now work for text components.
I can not see these properties when I select a text component. Where I can find them?

Kind Regards
Tony
Vladimir

Some issues

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,
SELECT * FROM orders WHERE CustomerID LIKE {Variable1}%
On the current moment Request From User feature is available for the variables on the report page. Variables specified in the SQL query are seen as parameters, which are taken from a GET or POST request. Request From User feature for SQL query will be added a bit later.

Add: The CanGrow, CanShrink and AutoWidth properties now work for text components.
Sorry, these properties were added, but not included in the property inspector. Please download the prerelease build from our site again. In the About box you will see build from November, 24.

Thank you.
tony.tomov

Some issues

Post by tony.tomov »

Thanks Vladimir.

Now the properties appear. Will test these in couple of days.

The bug with the SQL parameters (passed via GET or POST) is fixed and it seems to work ok

Thanks for the hard work.
Waiting for the build in report parameter dialog and object formatting (number, dates etc).

Regards
Tony

Vladimir

Some issues

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,

We are always glad to help you.

Thank you.
dwihard

Some issues

Post by dwihard »

I can't wait to buy your products with complete features.. I hope in next 2010.3, the problems are solved and added by new features
Andrew

Some issues

Post by Andrew »

Hello,
I can't wait to buy your products with complete features.. I hope in next 2010.3, the problems are solved and added by new features
Here you may see what features will be added in version 2010.3 http://forum.stimulsoft.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=3790 . Also some additional features will be added.
In compare with our other products the development of this product goes not so fast as we wish because the technology is not very flexible and we need to keep full compatibility with our other products. Very soon we will publish the comparison table with features supported in our reporting tools and you will see that Reports.Fx for PHP supports majority of features like our other products.

Thank you.