iOS

Stimulsoft Reports.Flex discussion
hugo

iOS

Post by hugo »

Hello,

This issue is getting me crazy!

My Flex mobile app use your Flex report engine.
It works for Android (any environment) and also iOS without problems in debug provisioning mode however with release provisioning the app crash (exactly the same app but sent to Apple Store with a production provisioning file).

I already started using Apple TestFlight to try to catch the crashing line of code and after 11 test builds I'm now sure that the following line of code is the responsible for the crash: loadReportFromString

try/catch to capture the message is not possible (I already tried) because the app crash before that.

Regards,
Hugo.
Andrew

Re: iOS

Post by Andrew »

Dear Hugo,

Thank you for the message. We are trying to figure out what might cause this issue.

We will inform you when we have information.
Thank you.
hugo

Post by hugo »

Thank you very much.

This issue is causing me trouble and since it's only happen with iOS and with release provisioning, I'm using TestFlight to try to figure it out with log file (already with a lot of build and every build takes about 30 minutes) !

Currently I already know that happens with the following stack:
loadReportFromString -> applyStyles

I'm trying to collect more info.

Update (after a countless for hours of blind testing):
Inside applyStyles, I just comment the line of code style.setStyleToComponent(comp) (for testing purpose) and for a simple report works but then crash again now on the line of code report.render(); (I also tried with the following parameters false, false but with the same result).

I'm now out of ideas but my feeling is that the fix is simple but not easy for me to catch!

Please, fix ASAP and count with me for a test if necessary.
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello Hugo,

Without detailed testing, we can only guess at what might be an issue with the release version.

To compile the release, we use the following additional parameters:

Code: Select all

additionalCompilerArguments="-locale en_US -load-config+="meta-config.xml" -default-script-limits 1000 60"
This line sets the maximum limits for the script and connects the "meta-config.xml" file, it is necessary for the correct serialization of report properties. Without the "meta-config.xml" file loading the report may not work correctly. The file is in the attached archive.
meta-config.zip
(394 Bytes) Downloaded 215 times
If this information did not help to solve the problem, please write to us the detailed information how to reproduce it: sample project, which operating system to use, how to compile and where to test the application - all of which can help us to reproduce and resolve this issue.

Thank you.
hugo

Post by hugo »

Hello Vladimir,

After about 30 builds against Apple TestFlight and countless hours, I believe I managed to find the source of the issue behind this very strange issue because I really need a fix for this.

And as soon I found this issue, I did a search and found other developers complain the same issue with Adobe AIR for iOS (with IPA release build only), here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1709040

This issue happen exactly on this line of code:
- Project: Stimulsoft_Base
- Class: StiService.as
- Inside memberwiseClone method

The method clone() invokes memberwiseClone however memberwiseClone overrides the same method on the super class however this override method uses variable object (*) and this crash in iOS with build release versions IPA.

The correct solution would be Adobe fix this issue with AIR however we know how Adobe works and this issue is causing big troubles.
A workaround (and IMHO an improvement) would you replace the variable object (*) to Object.
Of course this also requires a lot of implicity casting in a lot of places but also creating a more strongly typed code (probably a litle better locally performance on the core with a overall better performance) but solving this issue without dependent on Adobe.

PLEASE fix this and count on me for tests.
hugo

Post by hugo »

UAU, seems da Adobe "tryed" to fix this issues after years (this should be me luck day): https://forums.adobe.com/message/7641049#7641049

I will do another test with the AIR build.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,
hugo wrote:UAU, seems da Adobe "tryed" to fix this issues after years (this should be me luck day): https://forums.adobe.com/message/7641049#7641049
I will do another test with the AIR build.
Ok. Please let us know about the result.

Thank you.
hugo

Post by hugo »

Unfortunately was the same result with the last AIR 18.
Since I already did a very deep investigation about this, if you can apply the workaround mention here, I will be very happy to test for you a report build.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

We will definitely do the best to solve your problem. But we need some additional time.
We will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
hugo

Post by hugo »

Thank you.
I'm looking forward.