Excel exporting problem

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
becomex_jle

Excel exporting problem

Post by becomex_jle »

Hello,

I'm trying to export a report with the collapse resource to an Excel file, but it's not working. The collapse resource isn't created in the file.
Is there anything I can do so it works?

Does Stimulsoft Report support this resource exportation? Case no, could we buy some customization that makes it work?
HighAley

Excel exporting problem

Post by HighAley »

Hello.
becomex_jle wrote:I'm trying to export a report with the collapse resource to an Excel file, but it's not working. The collapse resource isn't created in the file.
Is there anything I can do so it works?

Does Stimulsoft Report support this resource exportation? Case no, could we buy some customization that makes it work?
At this time collapsing doesn't work in export.
We discuss it with our team-leader.
Also, please, specify in what export do you need collapsing (Excel, ExcelXml, Excel2007). It will be more easier to do in Excel2007.

Thank you.
becomex_jle

Excel exporting problem

Post by becomex_jle »

Hello,

We'll need the collapsing in all Excel export. Tehere'll be a huge data quantity, so, if the Excel file does not support such quantity, we would also need it to get broken in more than one file. Is it possible?
HighAley

Excel exporting problem

Post by HighAley »

Hello.
becomex_jle wrote:We'll need the collapsing in all Excel export. Tehere'll be a huge data quantity, so, if the Excel file does not support such quantity, we would also need it to get broken in more than one file. Is it possible?
Due to some technical difficulties we don't plan to add collapsing in Excel export now.

Regarding to large amounts of data if it can't be placed on one Excel sheet then it continues on another.

Maximum rows count is 65534 rows in Excel 97..2003 and 1048574 rows in Excel 2007.

Thank you.
becomex_jle

Excel exporting problem

Post by becomex_jle »

Coul we customize it ourselves for our needs? Does the stimulsoft tool support it?
HighAley

Excel exporting problem

Post by HighAley »

Hello.
becomex_jle wrote:Coul we customize it ourselves for our needs? Does the stimulsoft tool support it?
If you have our source code you can change everything if it not inconsistent with the license agreement.

Thank you.
becomex_jle

Excel exporting problem

Post by becomex_jle »

And without the source code?

For an example: I create a class that implements an Interface(codified by yourselves). In this class will be codified the exporting file generation. Therefore, will be added a new type to the exportation list.

Is it possible?
Andrew

Excel exporting problem

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

To customize the export, you must have the source code.
But you can write your own exports (inherit it from StiExportService), and realize all the functionality you need in it.

Thank you.