Modify word (docx) output format?

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
csbrogi

Post by csbrogi »

Hello

currently the word output ist written to one single table. Even the page headers and footers are placedd in this table. This causes problem if a user modifies the generated word document by adding some paragraphs. Is there a way to alter this behavior?

Regards,

Clemens
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello, Clemens.
csbrogi wrote:currently the word output ist written to one single table. Even the page headers and footers are placedd in this table. This causes problem if a user modifies the generated word document by adding some paragraphs. Is there a way to alter this behavior?
It is possible to export a separate sheets of a template to separate sections of the document with the headers/footers. To do this, use the ExcelSheet property. in this case all pages of a report with the same value of the ExcelSheet property are combined in groups, then each group is exported as a separate section of the document with its headers/footers. By default, this property is not filled, and the report is exported as a single partition.

Also you could read the 16.6.2.1.1 Table Modes section of our Universal User Manual. Most of it is already implemented in the docx export.

Thank you.
csbrogi

Post by csbrogi »

Thanks for the answer - it would be nice to have the "Export mode: frame" option for docx.
And putting each text in an absolute positioned frame isn't the solution I am really looking for. :-(
Regards
Clemens
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello, Clemens.
csbrogi wrote:Thanks for the answer - it would be nice to have the "Export mode: frame" option for docx.
And putting each text in an absolute positioned frame isn't the solution I am really looking for. :-(
We didn't really understand what are you looking for.
Please describe it more detailed.

Thank you.
csbrogi

Post by csbrogi »

Hello Aleksey,

My original problem was, that the word-format you are using creates one big table. This is not suitable for my problem, since I have a big report and want to be able to edit the created word document.
Now after your first resonse I looked at the RTF output and saw that there is an option to create output in frames without the big table. That's better but doesn't solve my problem, since the text is placed in absolutliy positioned text boxes.
I am looking for an output mode, where I can place the content as text paragraphs one after each other. And not as RTF but as DOCX.

I hope it is now a little bit clearer what I am looking for.
Regards
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

It seems that you missed the rtfparagraph string-command description. Please, read about it in the 16.6.2.1.1 Table Modes section of our documentation.

Thank you.
csbrogi

Post by csbrogi »

Hello
thank you this works, although it still has some problems with page headers.

Thanks,
Clemens
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello, Clemens.
csbrogi wrote:thank you this works, although it still has some problems with page headers.
What problems with page headers do you have now?

Thank you.
csbrogi

Post by csbrogi »

The Header is not always printed on top of page. (you may see this in the example I send this morning to you support).
And if I enable the checkbox "Page Header and footer", rtfparagraph is printed in the output. But this is not really an issue if the headers and footers are displayed correctly when the checkbox is not set.
Regards
Clemens
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello, Clemens.
csbrogi wrote:The Header is not always printed on top of page. (you may see this in the example I send this morning to you support).
And if I enable the checkbox "Page Header and footer", rtfparagraph is printed in the output. But this is not really an issue if the headers and footers are displayed correctly when the checkbox is not set.
We've reproduced the issue and need time to prepare an answer for you.

Thank you.