Line numbers in GroupHeaders

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
JeffLaB9

Re: Line numbers in GroupHeaders

Post by JeffLaB9 »

Hello,

I've attached an image of what I need the report to be laid out like. This report is intended to be in the proper format to import into our system as a sales order, so I need to be able to replicate this exact layout. What i'm trying to accomplish though is where the order changes from 1001 to 1002, the line number should start from 1 again. I was only able to achieve this specific layout by having the data within a groupheader to consolidate usage by order, and added additional groupheaders to rearrange the data. I can get away with the item numbers not being in sequential order, but otherwise I need to be able to replicate this layout but with the line numbers.

I have also added a corrected test data CSV so you won't experience that issue shown above
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (43.96 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
Attachments
Test Data.csv
(26.71 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Sorry, try to attach the modified report again.

Thank you.
Attachments
Test Data GroupLine_modified.mrt
(24.1 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
JeffLaB9

Post by JeffLaB9 »

Hello,

I copied the changes you made to the GroupLine
- In the GroupHeaderBand {GroupLine++)
- In the corresponding GroupFooterBand {Group=1}

and it came out differently than your images. I'm not sure what i'm missing to get it to replicate what you did. I got the same result when using your test data sent over.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please clarify which product and version are you use and how do you run the report?

In the corresponding GroupFooterBand should be {GroupLine=1}. Also, please try to change:
{GroupLine = GroupLine+1}

Thank you.
JeffLaB9

Post by JeffLaB9 »

Hello,

I just tried the suggested expression {GroupLine = GroupLine+1} but it just made the initial sequence start at 2. The same thing still happened where a 1 would be placed between each different "order" number like the image I shared earlier.

This is the version i'm using
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (12.52 KiB) Viewed 2405 times

For how i'm running it, our software has Stimulsoft built in so when I go to load an MRT, it opens what appears to be a stimulsoft report viewer. I've tried previewing the report in the editor, but the database is too large and it's unable to process.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

It should work. Please try to send the request to developers of your software.

Thank you.
JeffLaB9

Post by JeffLaB9 »

Hello,

I noticed in your image from earlier where it appears to be restarting the sequence appropriately, the GroupLine box looks like it has a different expression in there. I can see "GroupLineV" but I can't see anything further because the box cuts off.

Are you able to clarify what it was so I can try that out as well?

Unfortunately I've already contacted the developers to our software but where this is a 3rd party embedded software, they don't have anyone who troubleshoots Stimulsoft.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

In the previous posts we provide a modified report template, you can open it and check all expressions.

Thank you.
JeffLaB9

Post by JeffLaB9 »

The test one sent to me shows GroupLine++, it doesn't appear to have the same modifications in the previous post
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please check image in the attachment.

Thank you.
Attachments
Annotation 2019-03-07 135201.jpg
Annotation 2019-03-07 135201.jpg (91.07 KiB) Viewed 2346 times