Printed report sends previous report to printer

Stimulsoft Reports.UWP discussion
fsl@framiac.com

Printed report sends previous report to printer

Post by fsl@framiac.com »

A belated happy new year to the team at Stimulsoft and thank you for great support in 2018.

We have a problem sending reports directly to the printer. We can send one report to the printer but when we send the same report again with different data, the original report is printed. I'm sure this is just me missing a line of code somewhere. Here is what we do.

Code: Select all

private async void PrintPriceBreakdownAsync(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
    StiReport stiReport = await UUWP.Services.ReportService.GetStiReport(ReportsHelper.PriceBreakdown);
    stiReport.RegBusinessObject(nameof(JobPageViewModel), nameof(JobPageViewModel), this.JobViewModel);
    await stiReport.RenderAsync();
    StiPrintReport stiPrintReport = new StiPrintReport(stiReport);
    stiPrintReport.RegisterForPrinting();
    await stiPrintReport.PrintAsync();
}
The user enters a job for a customer and prints a price breakdown. That works fine.
The user then enters a new job but this time when the price breakdown is printed, the original price breakdown is printed, not the new price breakdown.

The business object is loading correctly with new data.

What am I missing?
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Printed report sends previous report to printer

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us your request with detailed description on support@stimulsoft.com. We will check it and will reply to you by email fast as possible.

Thank you.
fsl@framiac.com

Thank you. The solution you provided worked brilliantly when the reports are printed from the same page, but the error persists if the reports are printed from different pages.

I will email you with a link to another sample project that demonstrates this variant of the issue.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Ok. We will check it.

Thank you.
fsl@framiac.com

Hello

Wondering if you could advise of any progress regarding the issue of the previous report being sent to printer. We're being blocked by this and would greatly appreciate it if you have a solution.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

I come to you with the update regarding the issue that you have.

The problem is in the UWP edition of our tool. I regret to say but it still have not fixed. This product is not popular and used by few of our clients. So I learnt that we no longer fix issues.

So the only way I have for you was to add the source code to your licensed account and gave you the ability to fix and customize everything by a developer of your company. Sorry but this is the only way.

Thank you.