Sub-report with "Use External Report" cannot get to work

Stimulsoft Reports.Flex discussion
ssteketee

Sub-report with "Use External Report" cannot get to work

Post by ssteketee »

Hi, all.

I have a simple report, calling just a couple fields from a table, the where statement filters the data to just one record, the fields placed in to the databand and a sub-report placed in the databand that has been set to "not assigned," a URL to the subreport entered, and use external report set to true.

The sub-report also very simple, pulls just a couple fields, one record.

The main report, without a sub report, and the sub report both separately run quickly and correctly. As soon as I place and configure a sub report within the main report, the report fails, either runs but without showing the subreport or times out. No errors are displayed unless it times out. I also notice that if I save/close/reopen the main report that the "use external report" property has been reset to false.

Other than setting the sub-report to "not assigned," entering the "sub report url" and setting the "use external report" properties to true, am I missing something here? How do I get the subreport to display?

I don't know how to post this report and data for someone else to look at. . . does anyone have a sample report set up like this that I could see?

Thank you!
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Sub-report with "Use External Report" cannot get to work

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Also, please clarify which product and version are you use?

Thank you.
ssteketee

Post by ssteketee »

How would I do that?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

Please send it to support@stimulsoft.com and refer to this forum thread.

Thank you.