Databand only accessing first instance of data

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
caetus

Databand only accessing first instance of data

Post by caetus »

Hello,

I am having issues getting an additional parameter added to my report. I made a new data source by linking a SQL database by batchID and I'm trying to get the sample description to be added to the table.
When I put the sample description in the current databand that contains the count data, it only accesses the first sample description and prints that one repeated.
When I add a second databand with the source as the SQL database, then it prints out each sample description as expected. But this information is stuck in a completely separate databand.

How do I get the sample description from the SQL database to iterate through each sample and print in the same table as my count data?

I've attached the .mrt template.
Attachments
UnknownAnalysis.mrt
(178.91 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Databand only accessing first instance of data

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please try to add a relation between sources and use master-detail construction.
If the issue is still present, please send us test data for your report.

Thank you.
caetus

Post by caetus »

I had tried that in the past and got an error stating "parent columns and child columns don't have type-matching columns." But when looking at their types they were both set to int and I could not get the relation to work as I thought the types were matching.

I dug around more and found that the SQL source had it as a decimal in the database so I needed to convert that column to int within the select statement. Once I did that the relation worked and the databand iterated through like desired.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

You are welcome.