Dynamic cross--tab

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
Madalina I

Dynamic cross--tab

Post by Madalina I »

Hi,

We're trying to develop a report which will look like a multi-level crosstab report.
See an example in the picture attached (image2.png) which was made using a simple cross-tab for a specific scenario.

The problem is that anything need to be dynamical as we don't know how many categories are chosen for rows and also for columns.
This is happening in the setup of the report and after that our stored procedure will deal with it and produce the output.

In the attached mrt(DynamicCrossTab.mrt) file we tried to reproduce the header firstly which is our big concern regarding the layout.

What do we want to see is the output produced by the DataBand2 from the mrt, but making the cross tab dynamical because we don't know how many categories we have on the columns (in this case we have 3).

We tried to do this in a dynamical way using a CrossDataBand in a DataBand (see the DataBand1) but we couldn't make a merge to the first rows so that it won't display the same item multiple times.
I will also attach a picture(picture3.png) with what do we have and what do we need.

Is there a property we can use to make the merge or do we need to change our approach ?
We just need the output to look as in the picture3.

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
Data1.xlsx
The data source for the mrt
(25.44 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
DynamicCrossTab.mrt
The mrt file
(194.83 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Attempts to reproduce the header
Attempts to reproduce the header
image3.png (16.99 KiB) Viewed 443 times
The type of report we need
The type of report we need
image2.png (40.3 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Dynamic cross--tab

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Unfortunately, there are no simple ways to do it.

As a way, you can use the double pass, in the first-pass check count of each group of items and calculate a width. In the second pass set the Width for the first text component and hide all next components.

Thank you.